This Gluten Free Blueberry Nectarine Crisp is a favorite summer dessert. It’s super easy to make and wonderful topped with ice cream!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Bob’s Red Mill. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make The Beach House Kitchen possible.
Hi guys! How was everyone’s Memorial Day weekend? I’m hoping you all enjoyed some wonderful weather, delicious food and fun times with family and friends! I know Memorial Day is not the “official” kickoff to summer, but it is in my book. Summer is my season, so I like to stretch it out as long as I possibly can. There’s nothing better than spending summers at the Jersey Shore! Nothing. Beautiful beaches, fabulous food, great shopping and lots of fun activities to keep you busy all summer long!
If you’re a regular follower of the blog you know that one of my favorite parts of the summer is being able to buy local, gorgeous, fresh fruits and vegetables from our awesome outdoor produce stands. As I’ve mentioned before, Jersey isn’t called the Garden State for nothin’ friends! In a few weeks, we’ll have a feast to pick from! Fabulous corn, tomatoes, blueberries, nectarines, strawberries, peaches and the list goes on.
One of my favorite summer desserts is a fresh fruit crisp, so today I’ve partnered with Bob’s Red Mill to bring you this Gluten Free Blueberry Nectarine Crisp. I’m so excited because it’s the first ever gluten free dessert at the BHK! This recipe features Bob’s Almond Flour and Gluten Free Old Fashioned Rolled Oats. Their almond flour adds a rich, buttery flavor to this sweet crisp and their gluten free oats are hearty, 100% whole grain, high in protein and healthy fats and low in carbohydrates. The products at Bob’s Red Mill are without a doubt the best in whole grain foods.
This crisp is one of the easiest desserts to put together and it’s always a crowd pleaser. Who doesn’t like fresh sweet nectarines and blueberries in season?! Just toss the sliced nectarines and blueberries with some fresh lemon juice, then add some sugar for sweetness and tapioca starch to thicken things up. Place the fruit in a buttered 8×8 dish, top with a combo of oats, almond meal, pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon and cold butter and just throw it into the oven to bake. Serve it up warm with some vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream and you’ve got the best of summer on your dessert plate my friends! Hope you enjoy!
- 3 cups nectarines pitted and sliced
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. tapioca starch
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill Almond Meal
- 1/2 cup pecans roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- dash of kosher salt
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8x8 baking dish.
- Toss nectarines, blueberries, lemon juice, sugar and tapioca starch in baking dish until evenly coated.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, almond flour, pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the mixture evenly on top of fruit.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until fruit is bubbling and top is lightly golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool for 10-15 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream if desired.