Step up your toast game with this yummy Garden Vegetable Toast with Herbed Feta Spread! It’s the perfect indulgent snack, savory lunch or light dinner!
I’m steppin’ up my toast game today friends. Most of the time, I just throw a slice in the toaster for a quick breakfast…but not today! Today, I’m gettin’ fancy.
That’s what’s great about toast. It’s so versatile. It’s not just for breakfast anymore. You can get creative and turn a simple slice into something savory and delicious in a matter of minutes with only a handful of ingredients.
Today’s upgrade starts with a nice, thick and hearty slice of toasted pumpernickel. I topped it with a mixture of whipped cream cheese, feta crumbles, sour cream, and fresh dill. Then to make sure I get in my daily dose of veggies, I sliced up some English cucumber, radishes and red onion. A little sprinkle of kosher salt, pepper and some extra dill and BINGO! Boring old breakfast toast is now upgraded to a savory lunch, indulgent afternoon snack or even a simple light dinner.
Enjoy! Hope to see you back at the BHK this Saturday when I’ll be sharing a simple snack with one of my favorite flavors from the beach!
- 2-3 slices pumpernickel bread
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz. feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill minced, plus extra for sprinkling on top
- a few slices of English cucumber a few sliced radishes, a few thin slices of red onion
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Toast pieces of pumpernickel.
- Whisk together cream cheese, feta, sour cream, kosher salt and pepper until smooth. Fold in 2 Tbsp. dill.
- Spread mixture on top of toast slices.
- Top with slices of cucumber, radishes and red onion. Sprinkle with kosher salt, pepper and extra dill.