These Simple Paleo Chocolates with Coconut and Espresso Beans are melt in your mouth dee-lish! You only need a handful of ingredients and minutes to make!
Hi guys! Welcome back to Simple Saturday. With all the hustle and bustle of the holidays, I thought today would be the perfect day to bring you a simple indulgent treat. I’m sure you’ve all been busy baking, shopping and wrapping all those holiday gifts, so you deserve something special for all that hard work. These Simple Paleo Chocolates with Coconut and Espresso Beans are melt in your mouth dee-lish! And the beauty of these yummy little bites is that there are no artificial ingredients, they’re naturally sweetened and they’re soy and dairy free.
I first saw these adorable little candies on my friend Jessica’s blog, Jay’s Baking Me Crazy. Her site is loaded with yummy Paleo recipes. It’s definitely worth a look. As soon as I saw these chocolates I knew I had to give them a try. She said they only required a handful of ingredients and minutes to make. It didn’t take much more to convince me! Once I tried them I decided they would be perfect to share for a Simple Saturday recipe. Let’s just say, now on any given day there is always a container full in my refrigerator to satisfy my chocolate craving!
I like to include some coconut and espresso beans in mine, but feel free to add in whatever ingredients happen to be your favorite. You could try a quarter teaspoon of your favorite flavored extract or maybe some nuts, chopped or whole, depending on the size of your mold. You need to keep these in the refrigerator because they will melt at room temperature. You can purchase candy molds on Amazon or buy them at Target or at your local craft store.
So treat yourself to this indulgent little treat for all the hard work you’ve been doing this holiday season. You deserve it!
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3-4 Tbsp. honey I like my chocolate sweet, so I add 4 Tbsp.
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut I use Let's Do Organic from Target - green bag
- 1/3 cup coffee beans
- In a medium saucepan, heat cacao powder, coconut oil, honey and salt until well combined.
- Add the desiccated coconut and whisk until smooth.
- Pour into molds and top each individual candy with 2 coffee beans.
- Place in freezer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from molds and store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Do not keep at room temperature because they will melt due to the coconut oil.