Combat the winter blues with these bright and fresh Cranberry Orange Muffins. A little sweet, a little tart and the perfect winter perk up!
Ok folks, it’s January. Can I hear a woot woot?!
Are you woot wooting?? Helloooo?? Crickets??
January get’s no love. The holidays always seem to fly by, then January rolls around like a big buzz kill. It’s cold, it’s dreary, it’s long. It doesn’t bring much to the table, except some pretty fluffy, white stuff which we haven’t even been getting around here. Just rain. It’s been going slower than slow. UGH!
Well, today I’m sharing one of my favorite ways to combat the wretched, chilly weather January has to offer. I always make these bright, fresh, citrusy Cranberry Orange Muffins. The cranberry orange flavor combination is a January favorite. I make these often during the winter because cranberries are such a wonderful winter fruit and anything citrus puts a big old smile on my face. Fresh grated orange zest, fresh cranberries and just about 30 minutes is all you need. You’ve got to give them a try. They’re like an instant mood changer. They’re a little sweet, a little tart and the perfect winter perk me up! Enjoy!!
And congratulations to Nancie Kachenmeister who was the winner of my Madeline Giveaway!! Thanks to everyone who entered!
Cranberry Orange MuffinsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tsp. grated orange zest
- 1 cup plus 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar separated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine cranberries, orange zest and 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar. Set aside,
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and 1 cup granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping the bowl down as needed. Add vanilla extract.
- Fold 1/2 of flour mixture then 1/2 of milk and then repeat. Fold in cranberry mixture being careful not to overmix. Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups. Bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes then lower the oven to 375 degrees and continue to bake for 20 minutes until they're golden brown on top, and a toothpick inserted into the middle of one of the center muffins comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
Join the Conversation