These Coconut Chocolate Chip Slice and Bake Cookies are delicately crisp and buttery, simple to make and perfect with a nice tall glass of cold milk! They’re studded with mini chocolate chips and loaded with coconut flavor!
There’s just something about that coconut chocolate chip combo that gets me every time. How bout you guys?
I know everyone is usually all about the chocolate peanut butter combination and I get it. That’s super delish too, but pair coconut with anything and I’m all in!
And slice and bake cookies? So incredibly easy and perfect to have a log or two stashed in your freezer for unexpected company this summer or for when I’ve had a long day and a few freshly baked cookies at the drop of a hat need to do their magic!
And another bonus about these little beauties is that you know who isn’t a fan of coconut. I know. But whatev…more for me.
This recipe has a short list of ingredients…all-purpose flour, confectioner’s sugar, unsalted butter, mini chips, coconut and vanilla extracts, kosher salt and baking powder and you can easily mix everything together with or without a stand mixer.
Coconut Chocolate Chip Slice and Bake Cookie Ingredients
- all-purpose flour
- confectioners’ sugar
- unsalted butter
- mini chocolate chips
- vanilla and coconut extracts
- baking powder
- kosher salt
Once you’ve made your dough you’ll divide it in half and then shape each half into a log that’s approximately 7-8 inches long and about 2 inches wide. You’ll wrap each log in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least 4-5 hours or overnight.
When you’re ready to bake the cookies you’ll remove the logs from the fridge and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices and bake. I bake mine for about 10-12 minutes or until I see the edges beginning to lightly brown.
The logs freeze really well, so they’re perfect to keep in your freezer for when the craving hits. They’re just perfect with a cold glass of milk. Hope you try them guys!
Please let me know if you give the recipe a try. And if you have any questions about the recipe, just drop a comment below. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Coconut Chocolate Chip Slice and Bake Cookies
Definitely use mini chips so the cookies are easier to slice.
If you only have salted butter just omit the extra kosher salt.
More Delicious Cookie Recipes to Enjoy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup (two sticks) unsalted butter
- 3/4 confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 tsp. coconut extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the coconut and vanilla extracts. Gradually add the flour mixture and mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough in half and shape each portion into a 7-8 inch long by about 2 inches wide log. Cover the logs with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line large baking sheets with parchment paper. Slice the logs into 1/4-inch thick slices and place 1-inch apart on prepared sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges of the cookies begin to lightly brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.