This Chicken Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomato Bacon Cream Sauce is a comforting dish that’s perfect for the chillier fall days ahead.
Looking for some delicious, stick to your bones, comfort food dishes for the fall season ahead?
I’ve gotcha covered guys!
This Chicken Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomato Bacon Cream Sauce is just the ticket. It’s a hearty dish loaded with juicy chicken, bacon, tangy sun-dried tomatoes and spinach, all in a smooth and creamy, yet not overly heavy sauce.
This recipe is one of our favorites. Tom loves it because it’s super tasty. I love it for that reason and for that fact that it takes 30 minutes from start to finish. And it could be even quicker if you substitute some already cooked shredded rotisserie chicken from your local market.
I mean we all need quick and easy meals now that the carefree days of summer are in the rear view mirror, the kids are back to school and our schedules seem to be a bit more packed, don’t we?
I’m thinking this pasta dish, a chilled glass of wine and perhaps a slice of my Easy Twinkie Bundt Cake for dessert. Who’s in? Enjoy!
A few other favorite comfort food dishes here at the BHK are my Lasagna Bolognese and my Classic Pot Roast.
A Few Cook’s Notes for Chicken Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomato Bacon Cream Sauce Recipe:
As mentioned above, if you’re in a real hurry, just substitute some store-bought, pre-cooked, shredded rotisserie chicken for the chicken breasts.
If you’re not a fan of sun-dried tomatoes, you could swap them out for a 14.5-oz. can of diced tomatoes. Make sure to drain them.
Chicken Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomato Bacon Cream SaucePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 12-oz. orecchiette pasta
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 cups baby spinach, stems trimmed
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate. Set aside. Reserve bacon grease in skillet.
- Coat chicken breasts in flour and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook chicken in skillet over medium-high heat until lightly browned on each side and no longer pink inside. Remove to plate and slice into thin strips and set aside.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and cook for one minute, stirring constantly. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and the spinach and cook over medium heat until the spinach is slightly wilted, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken broth and stir, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the thyme leaves, butter, heavy cream and the Parmesan. Simmer for 5-7 minutes. Add the cooked pasta, bacon and sliced chicken and toss until fully coated. Serve immediately with extra Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Join the Conversation