This Cheesy Greek Spinach Egg Bake is a quick and easy meal that works for breakfast, lunch or dinner! It’s savory and delicious and loaded with feta, cheddar, spinach and roasted red peppers.
This recipe for my Cheesy Greek Spinach Egg Bake does triple duty guys. It’s easy and on your table in just about 45 minutes and can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
This recipe takes 10 minutes to prepare and about 35 minutes to cook.
If you love Greek flavors, this egg bake is for you. It’s got feta, roasted red peppers and spinach that make for one fabulous dish.
The recipe uses a minimal amount of ingredients and it works for any meal of the day. And any leftovers can be refrigerated and used for your weekly meal prep.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- large eggs
- baking powder
- black pepper
- sharp cheddar cheese
- feta cheese
- frozen spinach
- grated Parmesan cheese
- roasted red peppers
I don’t know about you guys, but any meal that works for more than one meal of the day works for me. And for all your vegetarian friends, this recipe fits the bill.
We’ve got a great sandwich from near us that serves a sammie with roasted red peppers, spinach and melted cheese that’s to-die-for, so I decided adding those ingredients to this egg bake would make it a winner. And I’ve added two different kinds of cheeses her too, white sharp cheddar and feta, for lots of cheesy flavor.
The first step is to melt your butter and pour it into your skillet.
Then you’ll first beat your eggs before adding your light cream, flour, baking powder and black pepper.
Once you’ve whisked together those ingredients, you’ll add your spinach, chopped roasted red peppers and cheeses.
When the mixture is well combined, you will pour it into your prepared skillet and smooth the top with a rubber spatula and then bake for about 35 minutes until it begins to bubble and the top is lightly browned.
This is just delicious served with some crusty bread on the side and if you’re enjoying it for lunch or dinner, perhaps a glass of chilled white wine.
I hope you guys give it a try because it’s a meal that comes together easily and gets in your daily dose of veggies too!
Please let me know if you give the recipe a try. And if you have any questions about the recipe, just drop a comment below. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Cheesy Greek Spinach Egg Bake
I decided on sharp white cheddar for this recipe, but you could also use mild or yellow cheddar if you have it on hand.
Make sure to thaw your chopped spinach and thoroughly squeeze out all the water before adding to the egg mixture.
I used a 10-inch skillet for this recipe, but you could use a baking dish of a similar size or even a 9×13 pan.
More Delicious Greek-Inspired Recipes to Enjoy
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 lb. chopped frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed to drain all liquid
- 2/3 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese, for sprinkling on top, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pour melted butter into your 10-inch skillet and use a brush to coat the skillet evenly.
- In a large bowl, beat your eggs first before adding your light cream, flour, baking powder and black pepper. Add your spinach, chopped roasted red peppers and cheeses and mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared skillet and smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Bake for about 35 minutes until it begins to bubble and the top is lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack to cool for about five mixture before either cutting into squares or scooping onto plates. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.