The perfect side for soup season, these Cheddar Bacon Jalapeño Corn Muffins are sure to please!
Hello there from Roanoke Virginia folks!
I’m going to keep it short and sweet today because Tom and I are away on a little camping adventure in the Airstream!
We’re enjoying some peace and quiet by the campfire. Just what the doctor ordered.
Today, as promised, I’m sharing these Cheddar Bacon Jalapeño Corn Muffins that are the perfect side for the Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup I shared on Monday.
A nice bowl of soup and one of these muffins and you’ve got a meal in itself.
Nothing beats a jam packed corn muffin in my book as a side for a hot bowl of soup.
These beauties are moist and loaded with corn, cheddar, bacon and jalapeños. It’s a delicious flavor combo that’s sweet and savory all packed into one little muffin.
So now that soup season is upon us, it’s time to break out not only the soup pot, but your muffin pan and get baking. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Cheddar Bacon Jalapeño Corn Muffins Recipe:
I used shredded white cheddar for this recipe, but you can also use yellow or a combination of the two.
You can seed your jalapenos before you chop them if you don’t like spicy, but if you prefer more spice leave the seeds in.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 5 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 7-oz. can corn, drained
- 1/2 cup bacon, cooked crisply and chopped
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line standard muffin tin with paper liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well combined,In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, melted butter, egg and egg yolk until well combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Batter will be lumpy. Stir in the corn, bacon, jalapenos and shredded cheese. Divide the batter evenly in the prepared pan. (batter will make about 12-14 muffins) Bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes, then turn the oven down to 350 degrees for 11 minutes or until tester inserted in center of muffin comes out clean. Let muffins cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes before removing. Repeat with remaining batter.