The perfect way to add some major spice to boring old ground turkey. These Buffalo Turkey Meatballs are fabulously flavor-packed!
Serve up anything with buffalo sauce and I’ll be the first one in line.
How bout you guys?
A few of my favorite recipes here at the BHK are my Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups (our son Casey’s too), my Buffalo Sloppy Joes and my Buffalo Cauliflower Soup. All three are super flavor-packed and totally worth a look-see if by chance you’ve missed the recipes. The intense buffalo flavor in all three is beyond tasty!
Since ground turkey meat on its own is rather boring in my opinion, I thought adding some major zip with some buffalo sauce would be the perfect route.
These Buffalo Turkey Meatballs are delicious, tangy and perfect for your weekly meal prep with a side of white or brown rice and celery sticks.
The meatballs are a combination of lean ground turkey, panko crumbs, chopped red onion and celery, garlic, eggs, milk and spices.
I bake my meatballs before adding and simmering in a sauce made of buffalo wing sauce, ranch and just a smidge of cream cheese.
These meatballs are healthier than classic beef meatballs and can even be made in mini size to serve as an appetizer. Hope you folks give them a try. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Buffalo Turkey Meatballs
The meatballs are baked in the oven on a baking sheet lined with parchment until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, which takes about 15-20 minutes. I flip the meatballs halfway through the cooking time.
I like to serve the meatballs and sauce with a side of white rice and blue cheese crumbles. And if I use them for meal prep for the week, I add some celery sticks.
The ground turkey mixture makes about 18-20 small meatballs.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/2 cup plain panko crumbs
- 1/3 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley, plus extra for sprinkling before serving, if desired
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 6 oz. buffalo wing sauce
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.In a large bowl, combine all meatball ingredients. Mix well. Divide mixture into 20 meatballs. Place meatballs on prepared sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through, until meatballs are cooked through and no longer pink. Internal temperature should be 165 degrees F.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat ranch, buffalo wing sauce and cream cheese over medium heat, whisking until smooth. Bring to a boil and then add the cooked meatballs. Reduce temperature and simmer for 10 minutes, spooning sauce over the meatballs. Just before serving, sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles and some parsley, if desired.