These Bourbon-White Peach Popsicles are a refrshing summer treat with a little boozy kick!
Some days just call for a boozy popsicle don’t they? Hot summer days are just those kind of days. Am I right? I’m hearin’ it! You hearin’ it?? It’s the cocktail cannon and it has gone off and BOOM it’s boozy pops for everyone!! Are you in?? I thought so!
My son Sean was home with us for a few days before heading back to Charleston and he helped me with these delicious Bourbon-White Peach Popsicles. I don’t know what Sean likes better the bourbon or the peaches. He has always loved fruit so I am gonna say the peaches. Ya I know, chances are it’s not the peaches. When I bought these beautiful white peaches at the market I asked him what he thought I should make with them and this is what he came up with! Typical recent college graduate, ya think? Yeah, I remember those days Sean…you’re mom’s not that old!
These are the PERFECT summer popsicles! They are so refreshing. You can use white peaches or regular peaches, either are fine. Instead of adding sugar I added honey for sweetness and Sean helped me with the correct amount of bourbon for the recipe. It’s a little Southern comfort in a popsicle! I hope you enjoy these as much as Sean did! Hope y’all have a great weekend!!
- 4 cups chopped white peaches or regular peaches
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 1/2 Tbsp. Knob Creek Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Peel peaches and cut into chunks discarding the pits. Place peaches into a blender. Add the fresh lemon juice, honey and bourbon and puree leaving a few chunks.
- Pour the mixture into the popsicles molds. Freeze for 30 minutes, then insert sticks. Continue to freeze until firm, at least 5-6 hours.
- To unmold, run hot water over the outside of the popsicle molds for a few seconds then gently remove.