Banana Bread Crumb Cake Muffin Tops are moist, delicious and loaded with brown sugary, cinnamon crumb topping!
Hello friends! The happiest of Thursday mornings to you. One more day until Fri-day AND the nice, long Labor Day weekend. Woot woot!
If you follow the blog, you know I am not ready for summer to end. As I have mentioned before, I have a hard time with change. I have to e-a-s-e into things. I can’t just turn off the summer switch and go full-blown fall, when technically we still have a few weeks left to savor. I know most kids have already gone back to school, but it’s still in the 90’s around here, so that means it’s not over. Period.
Unfortunately, as a food blogger I have to face the music. Pinterest is breathing down my neck already with pumpkin spice lattes and apple cider! So I have been busy, busy, busy the last few weeks working on some delicious things to share to slowly welcome the upcoming fall season. I’ll have some wonderful comfort food dishes, some lip-smacking appetizers for game day, some decadent little sweets and some satisfying breakfast treats that will make getting up for school so much easier!
So today I am sharing an awesome little breakfast treat for you and the kiddos to enjoy that will hopefully make waking up at the crack of dawn for school a little more appetizing! I came up with these Banana Crumb Cake Muffin Tops with 3 of my favorite people in mind…my son, Sean, who loves banana bread, my brother-in-law, Ken, who loves crumb cake, and my nephew, Brendan, who loves muffin tops. This little muffin top is moist, delicious and loaded with brown sugary, cinnamony crumb topping! Oh friends, you are going to love these beauties!
So get ready guys, I’ve got some good things coming your way this fall! I hope you all enjoy the Labor Day weekend! Safe travels and see you next week!
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-pupose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- confectioner's sugar for sprinkling if desired
- Crumb Topping
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar lightly packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray muffin top pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl mash bananas with fork. Add melted butter and mix with fork until smooth.
- Stir in sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- In small bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Add to banana mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fill muffin top wells half full.
- For the crumb topping: Mix brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add the melted butter and mix with a fork.
- Add the flour and mix until clumps form.
- Top the muffin top batter generously with the crumb topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan on wire rack.
- Remove from pan and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar if desired.