These Almond and Biscoff Cookie Stuffed Peaches with Amaretto are the perfect summer peach treat!
OMG, these peaches!! This may be my favorite little dessert treat of the whole summer! I love all the fruits of summer but peaches are at the tippy top of my list. There is nothing better than a fresh, sweet, juicy summer peach in my book! You know, the kind when you take a bite and the juice starts running down your hand?? Oh yeah! There is also nothing better than a peach dessert in the summer that literally takes minutes to make AND only uses a handful of ingredients. And this friends is THAT dessert!
These peaches are stuffed with a mixture of almonds and Biscoff cookies. Have you guys ever tried a Biscoff cookie? I think I must have been living under a rock because I had my first Biscoff cookie just a few months ago. Oh, what I’ve been missing!! They are a crunchy, cinnamony, brown sugary cookie that you are just going to love. I found them on a recent trip to Costco. I am a big fan of a little cookie with my afternoon cup of joe and the front of the box said, “Europe’s Favorite Cookie with Coffee”, so I thought, ok, I’m in! Now, I’m hooked! Well, it’s a good thing I got them from Costco because now I have like 200 of ’em! But I’m a sharer, so I thought what could I make with these cookies to share with friends for dessert when they come for dinner? I just bought a boat load of peaches at the market, so I decided to combine the Biscoff cookies with the peaches and this is what I came up with! Warm peaches, stuffed with a mixture of cookies, almonds, sugar and butter, finished with a drizzle of Amaretto. I don’t think it gets any better! You can serve these stuffed peaches plain or with some fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. These peaches are summer at its finest! Enjoy and see you here at the kitchen later in the week!
- 4 large peaches
- 10 Biscoff cookies
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter room temperature, cut into cubes
- Amaretto liqueur for drizzling, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut each peach in half from the stem end around and remove the pits.
- Enlarge the pit area just slightly with a spoon.
- Place the peaches, with the hollowed side up in baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In food processor, combine cookies, almonds and sugar. Pulse several times until crumbled.
- Add the butter cubes and pulse a few more times until mixture forms a paste.
- Using a small cookie scoop or a Tbsp. measuring spoon mound a scoop of the mixture into each peach halve.
- Drizzle each peach with Amaretto.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until tender.
- Serve warm with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.