These Apricot Glazed Carrots with Bacon and Jalapeños are the perfect sweet and savory side for your Thanksgiving table.
In a few weeks, we’ll all be scrambling for some quick and easy sides for Thanksgiving, so this week I’ll be sharing two side dishes that are always a favorite at our holiday table.
First off, these tasty Apricot Glazed Carrots with Bacon and Jalapeños. They’re slightly sweet, slightly savory, and 100% easy and delicious.
I shared something similar way back at the beginning of the blog. It was a cold Spicy Sweet Potato Salad as a side for our Easter holiday ham. Instead of using a mayo dressing for the salad, I lightened it up with some apricot preserves and apple cider vinegar. I spiced it up with some jalapeños, and added some bacon because, well, we all know bacon makes everything better.
So I got to thinking, since I loved the flavors of the potato salad, but don’t usually serve cold salads for Thanksgiving dinner, why not substitute some carrots for the sweet potatoes, and serve it as a warm side for the holidays?
You won’t just love how tasty these are, you’ll love that you only need a handful of ingredients, and less than 30 minutes to make the recipe happen. Music to your ears for the holiday, right? Enjoy!
- 1 lb. package baby carrots
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- extra chopped jalapenos for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add 1/2 tsp. salt and carrots and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium high heat until crisp. Remove from pan with slotted spoon to paper towel lined plate. Reserve 1 tablespoon grease in skillet.
- Saute onions and jalapenos in skillet until softened and golden brown, about 3-5 minutes. Whisk in apricot preserves and vinegar and simmer until smooth. Add the carrots and toss until well coated. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer carrots to a serving dish and sprinkle with bacon and extra jalapenos. Serve warm.