Perfectly sweet and slightly tart, these Lemon Crinkle Cookies are like a ray of sunshine on a plate!
Pucker up buttercup!
OK guys, raise your hand if you’re a fan of lemony desserts! (I’ve got both hands up!)
There’s just something so refreshing about a dessert jam-packed with lemon flavor. It brightens up any day. Don’t you think?
These Lemon Crinkles Cookies are triple the lemon flavor. They’ve got lemon zest, lemon juice and lemon extract. I also used a bit of yellow gel food coloring, so they’d immediately scream luscious lemon flavor ahead! Totally optional, but a must for me.
These cookies are sweet, yet slightly tart. They’re soft and fluffy and they’ve got a cake-like consistency with a crispy outside and a melt-in-your-mouth inside! I think you’ll find them absolutely irresistible! Enjoy!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 10 Tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- yellow gel food coloring, if desired
- For Rolling:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar, sifted
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar on medium speed until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time until incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the lemon juice, zest, lemon and vanilla extracts, and yellow gel food coloring (if desired) until you read desired color. Mix until well blended.
- Turn the mixer to low, and slowly add the flour mixture just until combined. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3-4 hours. I find refrigerating the dough for a few hours helps with stickiness and makes it easier to make the cookies into balls and roll in the sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Pour 1/2 cup granulated sugar into a small bowl and 1/2 cup sifted confectioner's sugar into another small bowl.
- Remove dough from refrigerator. Roll dough into 1-1 1/2 Tbsp. balls. Roll each ball first in the granulated sugar, then in the confectioner's sugar. Place on prepared sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Let cool on tray for five minutes, then remove to rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough. Store in an airtight container.