Happy weekend friends! You know by now if you’re getting an email from me bright and early on Saturday morning that can only mean one thing…it’s Simple Saturday at the BHK! Today’s recipe is simpler than simple! These Roasted Smashed Potatoes are the perfect simple side!
You can serve them with those yummy Mini Stuffed Turkey Meatloaves that were on the blog last week or even with your eggs in the morning! Just boil them and then place them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Smash them and then drizzle them with olive oil. And last but not least, sprinkle them with some kosher salt, ground pepper and fresh chopped rosemary, then bake! Simple! Am I right?!
It’s not called Simple Saturday for nothin’ folks! Have a great weekend!
- One 24 oz. bag Klondike Gourmet yellow potatoes (or any type of small potatoes)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- coarse kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place potatoes in large pot filled with water and 1 tsp. salt.
- Bring water to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and place on prepared sheet.
- Cool for five minutes, then using the bottom of a glass, gently smash each potato.
- Drizzle each potato with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt, pepper and 1 Tbsp. rosemary.
- Place tray in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and flip each potato to the other side. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and remaining rosemary.
- Continue to bake for an additional 15 minutes until brown and crispy.