This Jalapeño Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball is the perfect appetizer for your Thanksgiving holiday. It’s delicious, only requires a handful of ingredients AND you can make it ahead of time!
The countdown is on folks! Two and a half weeks to the big event! The biggest food holiday of the year…Thanksgiving Day!
Are you breaking a sweat yet? I hope not! I’ve got all kinds of delicious recipes here at the BHK to help make your holiday celebration delicious and stress-free. And today we’re starting out with one of the easiest holiday appetizers ever! This Jalapeño Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball.
When my friend Cathy over at What Should I Make For… asked me to be a part of her Virtual Thanksgiving Celebration, I chose to contribute the appetizer to get the party started. I was racking my brain on how I could WOW you guys with an over the top appetizer. But you know what? I reminded myself how busy Thanksgiving day is and how stressful it can be. So I decided to make something that was #1 so incredibly easy, #2 delicious AND #3 something that you could make the day before, so that on Thanksgiving day you could actually enjoy it too. Sound like a plan?
I have made this Jalapeño Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball for so many holidays I’ve lost count. It’s always a hit. It requires only a handful of ingredients and I always make it the day before, so that the day of I only need to grab a tray and dress it up. You’ll need some cream cheese, shredded sharp cheddar, bacon, parsley, almonds (I use Smokehouse Almonds by Blue Diamond), some chopped jalapenos, a little cayenne for some kick and a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix. The ball is coated in a mixture of chopped almonds, bacon and parsley and there’s also bacon in the ball, so there’s some bacon in every bite!
I place it on a pretty platter with some fresh grapes and a few types of crackers and then grab myself a nice glass of wine to enjoy with it. Sometimes I add a small bowl of assorted olives and some slices of peppered salami, but I don’t like to over do it because I know the Thanksgiving meal is up next.
I hope you guys add this recipe to your Thanksgiving menu because it couldn’t be easier and I guarantee your guests will love it. Just scroll down to check out all the other fabulous Thanksgiving recipes from my fellow blogger friends! We’ve got your holiday covered! Have an awesome week!
Garlic Butter Dinner Rolls – Kathleen from Hapa Nom Nom
Brussels Sprout Salad with Pear and Pomegranate – Karen from Seasonal Cravings
Apple & Cheddar Hard Cider Soup with Crispy Prosciutto & Pumpkin Seeds – Cheyanne from No Spoon Necessary
Traditional Thanksgiving Stuffing with Sausage and Apples – Annie from Ciao Chow Bambina
Garlic and Herb Roast Turkey with Cider Pan Gravy – Cathy from What Should I Make For…
Meet the Queen of Pumpkin Cakes – Cindy from The Sweet Nerd
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped (I use Smokehouse Almonds by Blue Diamond)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 8oz. packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup shredded sharp yellow cheddar cheese
- 1 one ounce package Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning and Salad Dressing Mix
- 1/4 cup finely chopped jalapenos
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium high heat until crisp. Remove to paper towel lined plate. Once cool, chop into small pieces. In a small bowl, mix half of the bacon with the chopped almonds and parsley. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Ranch seasoning mix, jalapenos and cayenne pepper and the remaining bacon.
- Place mixture in a bowl and cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and shape into a ball using wax paper to prevent the mixture from sticking. Roll the ball in the mixture of bacon, almonds and parsley. Place on a platter and serve with crackers and fresh grapes.