I’m steppin’ up my toast game today friends. Most of the time, I just throw a slice in the toaster for a quick breakfast…but not today! Today, I’m gettin’ fancy.
That’s what’s great about toast. It’s so versatile. It’s not just for breakfast anymore. You can get creative and turn a simple slice into something savory and delicious in a matter of minutes with only a handful of ingredients.
Today’s upgrade starts with a nice, thick and hearty slice of toasted pumpernickel. I topped it with a mixture of whipped cream cheese, feta crumbles, sour cream, and fresh dill. Then to make sure I get in my daily dose of veggies, I sliced up some English cucumber, radishes and red onion. A little sprinkle of kosher salt, pepper and some extra dill and BINGO! Boring old breakfast toast is now upgraded to a savory lunch, indulgent afternoon snack or even a simple light dinner.
Enjoy! Hope to see you back at the BHK this Saturday when I’ll be sharing a simple snack with one of my favorite flavors from the beach!
- 2-3 slices pumpernickel bread
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz. feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill, minced, plus extra for sprinkling on top
- a few slices of English cucumber, a few sliced radishes, a few thin slices of red onion
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Toast pieces of pumpernickel.
- Whisk together cream cheese, feta, sour cream, kosher salt and pepper until smooth. Fold in 2 Tbsp. dill.
- Spread mixture on top of toast slices.
- Top with slices of cucumber, radishes and red onion. Sprinkle with kosher salt, pepper and extra dill.