It’s Monday morning friends and that calls for something easy. This Mango Sorbet totally fits the bill. It’s sweet, tart, refreshing and bright!
I know, it’s the end of February, I get it. It’s not really the season for frozen treats, but I couldn’t resist. I made this sorbet over the weekend for my son Sean who came home to visit for the week from Charleston, South Carolina. Sean does not eat chocolate. I know, crazy, right? But he has always loved all things fruit, with mango at the tippy top of the list. He gave this sorbet the double thumbs up! He pretty much, single-handedly took down the entire container!
It honestly could not be any easier. Four ingredients, that’s it! Puree everything in a blender, then freeze in your handy-dandy ice cream maker and BAM! Spring is served! I like to garnish this sorbet with some fresh juicy raspberries. It’s the perfect little sweet treat to get us all in the mood for spring!!! Have a wonderful week friends!
- 4 ripe mangoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. finely grated lime zest
- raspberries for garnish
- Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- Simple syrup: Combine 1 cup sugar and one cup water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar dissolves. Increase heat and bring to a boil. When mixture comes to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place mango cubes, simple syrup, lime juice and zest in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Freeze the puree in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
- Spoon sorbet into freezer container, cover and freeze for 6-8 hours.
- Spoon into bowl and garnish with fresh raspberries. The sorbet will last in the freezer up to one week.