This is a sponsored post on behalf of Castello Cheese. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make The Beach House Kitchen possible.
I’m so excited for today’s post guys! I’m setting the stage for your Valentine’s date night with a little help from my friends at Castello, producer of fine cheeses and Folie à Deux, producer of world-class Sonoma County wines. I’ve created this epic Cheese Board with Bacon Onion Jam as part of Castello’s Cheese Board Challenge campaign. I can’t think of anything more perfect for a romantic evening at home than a gorgeous cheese board with some fabulous wine! So follow along friends and you’ll be the romance rock star of Valentine’s Day! I guarantee it!
Just picture it…the fire is roaring, candles are lit, your favorite romantic movie is ready to play and you’ve prepared the cheese board of all cheese board to dazzle your sweetheart! You’ve even chosen the perfect wine to accompany your sumptuous spread!
Your Cheese Board is a feast for the eyes. It’s filled with an amazing variety of creatively crafted Castello cheeses. You’ve chosen three cheeses to be the highlights of your board, Castello Havarti Creamy which is a mild, soft, buttery cheese, some traditional Danish Blue which has a fine, nutty blue aroma and some creamy, mild and tangy Castello Havarti Herbs and Spice.
To accompany your wonderful cheeses you’ve added some delectable candied walnuts for your Valentine, the perfect assortment of green and Kalamata olives, some black pepper dry salami to liven the palate, some plump juicy red grapes, crostini, classic water crackers, sesame breadsticks and last, but certainly not least, some irresistible Bacon Onion Jam.
This jam is a total favorite of guests who come to the BHK. A piece of crostini, a slice of Danish blue topped with this sweet and tangy bacon onion jam…it doesn’t get any better! As if you could make this cheese board any more perfect, you’ve paired all of these fabulous sweet and savory treats with Folie à Deux Russian River Chardonnay and Dry Creek Zinfandel to delight the senses and excite the imagination!
Well done! Your romance rock star status has been achieved!
As part of the Cheese Board Challenge campaign Castello is hosting a sweepstakes and the prize is a trip for two to Napa Valley, California! Just click HERE to enter!
I hope you all are inspired to create a gorgeous cheese board for that someone special this Valentine’s Day! Share the love! ♥ Have a great weekend friends!
- Castello Havarti Creamy
- Castello Extra Creamy Danish Blue
- Castello Havarti Herbs and Spice
- Candied walnuts
- Mix of green and Kalamata olives
- Black pepper dry salami, sliced
- Red seedless grapes
- Assortment of crackers (crostini, classic water crackers, sesame breadsticks)
- Folie a Deux wines (I feature their Zinfandel and Chardonnay)
- Bacon Onion Jam:
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 5 cups (about 2 lbs.) Vidalia onions, peeled, sliced thin, and diced
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Cook bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan. Set aside.
- Add the onions to the fat in the pan. Cook until onions are translucent and lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the bacon, mustard seeds, brown sugar, cider vinegar, red pepper flakes and balsamic vinegar. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat and continue to cook until the liquid has reduced, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Spoon into jar and store in refrigerator.
- Arrange cheeses and other items on cheese board. Serve with wine. Enjoy!