This Zesty Twisted Turkey Salad with hearty and perfect for lunch, dinner or meal prep for the week! It’s a crowd favorite!
When I was in grammar school my best friend, Monica ate the same lunch every day…a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, a small carton of milk and a Twinkie for dessert. The same thing. Every day. I know they were her favorites but variety is the spice of life right? Isn’t that the way the saying goes? So today I am gonna spice up your regular lunch routine. I’m just sayin’, you’ll be thanking me later.
Let’s forget about the usual peanut butter and jelly or ham and cheese shall we? Let’s have a zesty, totally delicious, loaded with lots of awesome ingredients like turkey, smoked provolone, olives, roasted peppers, red onion and cucumbers pasta salad with a yummy creamy Italian dressing ok? I’m telling you once you whip up this recipe that boring old sandwich will be outta here!! I love to make a nice big bowl of this and then put it in small containers for the next few days (that is if it lasts that long) so that my husband and my boys can have it for their lunches.
I was inspired by a recipe from the cookbook, Someone’s in the Kitchen with Dayton’s, Marshall Field’s and Hudson’s when making this pasta salad. I tweaked the recipe by adding some of my favorites so feel free to substitute your favorite meat or cheese or swap out the green olives for black, whatever you like best. I guarantee this is going to become a new lunch favorite! Move over boring old sandwich!
Zesty Twisted Turkey Pasta SaladPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 cups cooked turkey breast julienned (cut into long thin strips, similar to matchsticks)
- 2 cups smoked provolone julienned
- 8 ounces bowtie pasta (farfalle) cooked according to package directions
- 1 large cucumber seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup red onion diced
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers diced
- 1/3 cup green olives sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup prepared Italian dressing I used Newman's Own Family Italian
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine first seven ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise, Italian dressing, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, Dijon mustard and salt and pepper in small bowl until smooth. Add to the pasta mixture. Toss well. Chill before serving.
Join the Conversation