These White Chocolate Cherry Macadamia Nut Cookies are super chewy and buttery! They’re jam-packed with dried cherries, white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts and they’re totally irresistible!
Welcome to holiday cookie season folks!
Let’s just say, the way my baking season is going so far, January is going to be a tough month at the gym. I’m thinking my stretchy pants are already getting a workout and we’re only 6 days into December!
I’ve got some delicious recipes coming at you this month that I just know you’re going to enjoy and these White Chocolate Cherry Macadamia Nut Cookies is one of them! I don’t mean to shout, but you need to MAKE THESE COOKIES!
These cookies are ultra-chewy and buttery and I just love the flavor combination and I hope you will too.
White Chocolate Cherry Macadamia Nut Cookies Ingredients
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- unsalted butter
- light brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- white chocolate chips
- macadamia nuts
- dried cherries
I’ve made these and shared them a few times already this season and they’ve gotten rave reviews. The dough takes minutes to whip up and there’s no chilling time needed which is a huge plus during the busy holidays.
My recipe calls for light brown sugar, no granulated sugar, which yields a softer, chewier cookie. I’ve also made these with dark brown sugar. Using dark brown sugar will give your cookies a more robust, molasses flavor. Both options are delicious.
I’ve also made today’s recipe with macadamia nuts, but they’re also fantastic with either pecans or walnuts. Or if you’re not a fan of nuts or allergic, just omit.
These are the perfect cookie for gifting too. They travel well and you can make the dough ahead of time, scoop it into balls and freeze them for when unexpected guests drop by this holiday season.
Hoping you guys give these cookies a try! Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for White Chocolate Cherry Macadamia Cookies
As mentioned above, you can omit the nuts if you’re allergic. If you’d like, you could substitute some sweetened coconut.
I love to make this cookie dough, scoop it into balls and freeze them on a parchment-lined baking sheet until they’re solid and then add them to a Ziploc freezer bag, so when the craving hits I bake one or two. Or ten.
More Holiday Dessert Recipes to Enjoy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup (12 Tbsp.) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar together until smooth and creamy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until combined. Gradually add the flour mixture with a wooden spoon until combined. Fold in the white chocolate chips, macadamia nuts and dried cherries.
- Using a 1 1/2-inch cookie scoop, drop cookie dough onto prepared sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake 11-13 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on wire racks.