A refreshing summer salad, this Watermelon, Feta and Couscous Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette is packed with sweet summer watermelon, peppery arugula and salty feta cheese that makes for one delicious salad!
Hey guys! How was everyone’s weekend?
Are y’all gearing up for the 4th of July?
I’m sure for most of us, the upcoming holiday weekend will be filled with a bit of overindulging. So today, I’m sharing an incredibly refreshing summer salad that will keep us on the better side of healthy and still tickle our taste buds!
I made this Watermelon, Feta and Couscous Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette this past weekend for a family gathering and it was a total hit. I wasn’t sure I was going to share the recipe this week, but a few friends from the party said it was a MUST before the 4th, so they could make it for their holiday parties!
If you would have told me a few years back I would even try this combination, there’s a good chance I would have laughed in your face. But I’ve come a long way in the salad department over the years. Surprisingly, this one was love at first bite. The variety of textures and flavors totally knocked my socks off.
The combination of sweet juicy watermelon, peppery arugula and salty feta cheese all tossed in a citrus vinaigrette makes for a salad that’s sure to be a summer favorite.
And what’s better than a summer dish that’s low on effort, high on flavor, healthy and comes together in just about 20 minutes? Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Watermelon, Feta and Couscous Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette Recipe:
I have made this salad with cubed watermelon or watermelon cut into balls with my melon baller.
You can substitute orzo pasta for the pearl couscous, if desired.
To make the salad even heartier, you can also add roughly chopped English cucumber.
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup pearl couscous, cooked according to package directions and cooled
- 3 cups seeded watermelon, cut into cubes or into balls with a melon baller
- 4 cups baby arugula, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- In a medium bowl, stir together orange and lemon juices, honey, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Whisk in olive oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked and cooled couscous with a few tablespoons on the dressing. Gently toss in watermelon, arugula, red onion and feta cheese. Add more of the dressing and toss until mixture is fully coated, saving any extra dressing for serving. Season with salt and pepper.