This Turtle Fudge is decadent, delicious and loaded with pecans and caramel!
I am apologizing in advance. I am sorry. Very sorry.
I just couldn’t help myself. I HAD to make this fudge for the blog today. I had no choice! You know why? I’ll tell you why. Because if I didn’t I would probably run my family into the poor house buying fudge from the little fudge shop in town all summer long to support my habit.
It’s all because of that kid that stands in front of the store day after day, week after week, month after month ALL summer long. “Would you like to try a sample of our homemade fudge today?” she asks. Well, that’s a silly question! Of course, I’d like to try a piece of that delicious fudge. I’d like to eat the whole tray if you really want my honest opinion!!
It’s a little place in Stone Harbor, New Jersey called The Original Fudge Kitchen and they have been making fudge for over 40 years. They have 22 different flavors of fudge and you can watch them whipping it up right in the front window! They’ve got the classic chocolate and vanilla fudge along with Oreo cookie, rocky road, peanut butter, Bing cherry vanilla, chocolate marshmallow and the list goes on!
My will power just goes right out the door when I walk in. I can’t help myself. So today I decided to bring a little of the Fudge Kitchen to The Beach House Kitchen and make my own decadent fudge.
I hope you guys like fudge as much as I do because this one is dee-lish! It’s Turtle Fudge! Could it get any better? Chocolate, pecans and caramel! Just take a peek at that fudge.
It’s loaded with yummy pecans and gooey caramel. It’s the classic turtle candy made into fudge. It’s smooth and creamy and so easy to make! Prep time is less than 20 minutes! The only hard part is waiting for it to chill until it’s firm and ready for cutting.
It’s the simple things in life that make me happy! Hopefully, this fudge makes you guys happy too! Have a great week!
- 1 14 oz. bag Kraft Caramels, about 50 pieces
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper with ends of parchment paper extending over the sides of the pan.
- Spray parchment paper lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Microwave caramels and milk in a microwave safe bowl on high for two minutes or until caramel is completely melted, stirring every 30 seconds until well blended.
- In a heavy saucepan melt the chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and salt over low heat.
- Remove from the heat and stir in one cup of the pecans and the vanilla.
- Pour half of the fudge mixture into the prepared pan.
- Pour the warm caramel over the fudge mixture, then pour the remaining fudge on top of the caramel.
- Sprinkle with the remaining pecans.
- Cover and refrigerate at least two hours.
- Use the sides of the parchment paper to remove fudge from the pan.
- Cut into squares.