These Tropical Rice Krispie Treats with Toasted Coconut, Pineapple and White Chocolate are a twist on the classic kid favorite treat!
Seriously friends, these treats! OMGee! These Tropical Rice Krispie Treats with Toasted Coconut, Pineapple and White Chocolate are the best thing that’s come out of my kitchen this week.
I usually plan my recipes and posts in advance, but when I made these the other day I knew I’d have to scrap what I originally had planned for today and share these instead! They’re that good! They absolutely need to make an appearance at your next summer party! And one piece of important advice…you do not, and I mean DO NOT want to make these when you are at home alone. Take it from me. BAD idea. You need to have someone to share these with, so you don’t eat the whole tray yourself!
This recipe is pretty much the standard Rice Krispy Treat recipe, but to make them tropical, I’ve added some toasted coconut, freeze dried pineapple and white chocolate. It’s an ah-mazing combo folks! The sweet freeze dried pineapple works perfectly in this recipe. I bought mine from Target’s wellness grocery brand, Simply Balanced. You’ll need one 1.75 ounce bag which equals about 1 1/2 cups. and you’ll need to finely grind it in your food processor. To make these treats even more decadent, I drizzled the top with a little extra melted white chocolate. You can never go wrong with extra chocolate!
So get ready to be whisked away to the tropics with your first bite guys! Hope you enjoy! Have a fabulous weekend all!
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut I use Bob's Red Mill
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter plus more for greasing the pan
- 1 10 oz. bag marshmallows
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 1 cup white chocolate chips chopped
- 1 1.75 oz. bag Simply Balanced Freeze Dried Pineapple finely ground
- White Chocolate Drizzle:
- 1 cup white chocolate chips melted with 1 Tbsp. Crisco shortening
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Butter a 9x13 pan and set aside.
- Spread flaked coconut onto a baking sheet and bake for 5-6 minutes until golden brown, tossing midway. Watch carefully so coconut does not burn. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until melted. Cook for 2 minutes then remove from heat.
- Add the sugar, vanilla and salt. Mix until well combined. Gently fold in coconut, cereal, chopped white chocolate and finely ground pineapple and stir until well coated.
- Press mixture evenly into prepared pan. Let cool, then cut into squares.
- White Chocolate Drizzle: Melt chocolate and shortening in microwave safe bowl at 50 percent power in 20 second intervals until melted and smooth. Drizzle over cooled treats.