These Sweet Potato Stacks with Toasted Marshmallow Crème are the perfect side for your Thanksgiving table. It’s your favorite holiday casserole served up in a delicious little stack!
Happy November folks!
What the?! November?? Where has the time gone! Don’t you just wish the months of January and February flew by as fast as November and December? In a few weeks we’ll be sitting pretty at the Thanksgiving table, smiles all around, enjoying a feast like no other!
So now’s the time to plan ahead, so no panic sets in on the big day. I’ve got a few things in store for you guys over the next few weeks to make your Thanksgiving celebration come off without a hitch! You’ll be cool as a cucumber, specialty cocktail in hand, like the big feast was like any other normal dinner!
Let’s start off with these adorable little Sweet Potato Stacks with Toasted Marshmallow Crème. These stacks are your favorite holiday sweet potato casserole all whipped up into an individual little stack. Come on, we’ve been eating the same old casserole for years. It’s time for a change. Remember…change is good! And so are these yummy little stacks.
You’re going to love how easy this recipe is guys. Just grab your standard 12 cup muffin pan and add some sweet potato slices to each cup. Top with an irresistible brown sugar/maple syrup glaze and sprinkle with pecans. Cover with a piece of foil and throw them in the oven to bake. While they’re baking, whip up the marshmallow crème topping. When the stacks are done baking, remove them from the oven and pipe some of the marshmallow crème on top. Pop back into the oven under the broiler to toast until lightly browned. Boom! Your favorite new little Thanksgiving side dish is served!! Enjoy friends!
I hope you can stop by the BHK on Monday. I’ll be collaborating with some of my favorite bloggers for a virtual Thanksgiving. You won’t want to miss it! Happy weekend!
Sweet Potato Stacks with Toasted Marshmallow CrèmePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 3 lb. sweet potatoes about 3 medium sized, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch rounds (I used 5-6 slices per muffin cup)
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 cup pecans finely chopped
- Marshmallow creme:
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray standard 12 cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place muffin pan on large baking sheet.
- Place 5-6 slices of sweet potato into each muffin cup, trimming slices to fit cups.
- Combine butter, maple syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a heavy small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring often until sugar dissolves. Add about 1 tablespoon of the mixture on top of the sweet potatoes in each muffin cup. Sprinkle each stack with some pecans.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes or until tender. While stacks are baking make marshmallow creme.
- Marshmallow Creme: Combine all ingredients with 2 Tbsp. water in a metal bowl over simmering water. Beat with a handheld mixer for 6-7 minutes, until thick and fluffy.
- Remove from water and continue to beat for 1-2 more minutes until somewhat cooled.
- Transfer to a piping bag.
- Remove muffin pan from oven when done baking. Discard foil. Pipe some marshmallow creme atop each stack.
- To toast, place muffin pan back into the oven under the broiler for 50-60 seconds. Time will vary depending on your oven, so keep a close watch until they are browned to your liking. Remove pan from oven. Carefully scoop each stack out of pan onto serving platter. Serve immediately.
Join the Conversation