This decadently delicious Speculoos Brownie Cake will have you swooning! Rich and chocolatey with a speculoos frosting that’s irresistible!
Have I got a treat for you folks today!
I am beyond excited to share today’s recipe guys! This Speculoos Brownie Cake is from my friend, Naomi Robinson’s new cookbook, Baker’s Royale! It’s an absolute MUST for your cookbook collection!
I came across Naomi’s blog, Baker’s Royale a few years back and was WOWED with not only each and every recipe, but also by Naomi’s absolutely incredible photography. Seriously, I just want to reach through my screen and grab whatever she happens to be serving up! Naomi is the full package…as sweet as her recipes and immensely talented as a food blogger!
While her sweet recipes are to die for, she’s also got an amazing list of savory dishes for easy weekday dinners, and a Game Day Eats Series that always has me drooling and ready for game day! You so need to pop on over to her blog when you get a chance. I guarantee you’ll fall in love!
Narrowing down which recipe I’d share today was incredibly tough, but I finally decided on Naomi’s Speculoos Brownie Cake. Because really, who can resist a brownie #1, and #2 anything with cookie butter and count me in!
The brownie cake is dark and chocolatey with a hint of espresso flavor, and the speculoos frosting is totally heavenly. It’s smooth and creamy, and I’m pretty sure once you taste it you’ll want to slather it on just about anything. The frosting is topped with a generous sprinkling of chocolate shavings making this yummy cake tough to resist! Bet you can’t eat just one piece! Enjoy!
- For the Brownie Cake:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 1/2 oz. bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. instant espresso powder
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- For the Speculoos Frosting:
- 3/4 cup speculoos cookie butter
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2/3 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- Chocolate shavings for garnish
- Brownie Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Remove from the heat and add the chopped bittersweet chocolate. Let stand for 30 seconds, then whisk together until smooth. Add the brown sugar, vanilla and espresso powder and whisk until smooth. Whisk in eggs one at a time. Using a rubber spatula, fold in flour, baking powder and salt until the flour is no longer visible.
- Spread mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until the cake has puffed slightly and is just barely cracked. Transfer to a wire rack to cool before removing from pan.
- Speculoos Frosting: In a large bowl using a hand mixer at medium speed, mix together butter and speculoos until light and fluffy. Add the confectioner's sugar, salt and heavy cream. Beat for an additional minute.
- Spread frosting on cooled cake. Garnish with chocolate shavings. Cut into wedges and enjoy!