This Smoked Turkey Salad with Honey Dijon Vinaigrette is delicious, fast and fresh! It’s healthy and full of flavor!
Let’s face it folks, after those indulgent Cinnamon Raisin Rolls on Monday, a little detox may be in order. Ya think?
I don’t know about you guys, but when there’s a plate of warm cinnamon rolls around, all self-control goes right out the window. Whoooosh! I just can’t help myself. But don’t get nervous. When I say detox, I’m not thinking along the lines of drinking our next meal or a serving of dreaded cabbage soup. Let’s not get crazy.
I’m thinking we need some lighter comfort food. Something that’s fast, easy and fresh. Something that we can whip up in 20 minutes or less that’s filled with delicious, healthy ingredients. Well, hello there Smoked Turkey Salad with Honey Dijon Vinaigrette. Perfect timing!
Guys… you won’t believe how easy this salad is to whip up AND how incredibly flavorful it is. First, to cut down on calories we omit the bread and use butter lettuce instead. Second, we don’t use any mayo. It’s tossed in a light honey Dijon vinaigrette. Just add your cubed smoked turkey, red and yellow pepper, dried cranberries, chopped pecans and parsley to a large bowl and toss with the vinaigrette. Pop it in the fridge for a few hours to let the flavors blend together, and when you’re ready to serve place a scoop of the salad on top of a lettuce leaf. How easy is that? And how nice and healthy? Just what we need after one cinnamon roll too many! Enjoy!
- 3 cups cooked smoked turkey cubed
- 1/2 cup red pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow pepper finely chopped
- 1/3 cup pecans roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 6-8 butter lettuce leaves
- Honey Dijon Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, red and yellow pepper, pecans, cranberries and parsley. Mix well.
- Make dressing: Combine all ingredients in a jar with a lid. Shake vigorously.
- Toss salad with some of the dressing. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- To serve, place a lettuce leaf on each plate and top with a scoop of the salad.