Nothing beats an easy sheet pan meal like this Sheet Pan Gnocchi and Veggies.
Summer meals should be super simple, don’t ya think?
And nothing says SUPER simple better than a sheet pan meal!
Today’s Sheet Pan Gnocchi and Veggies is one of my faves!
I saw this recipe a while back on the kitchn and I’ve made it dozens of times since.
Sometimes I go the vegetarian route and other times I’m a rebel and I add some Italian sauage, casings removed and crumbled. Both delish!
When I first spotted the recipe, I was intrigued by the fact that you didn’t need to boil the gnocchi.
In the oven, the gnocchi gets lightly browned and crispy on the outside, while the texture on the inside is slightly chewy and tender. Who knew?
The veggies are a combination of mini bell peppers, red onion, grape tomatoes and garlic. Everything gets tossed with some salt, pepper, fresh rosemary and olive oil.
While the mixture is roasting, the tomatoes burst making somewhat of an extra little sauce.
Simply roast these beauties, do a final toss before serving up in bowls with some grated parm and chopped basil from the garden! Enjoy!
Another sheet pan reader favorite is my Sweet N’ Spicy Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner. If you missed it, definitely check it out!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Sheet Pan Gnocchi and Veggies Recipe:
I used mini bell peppers for this recipes, because I had leftovers, but you could also use regular bell peppers cut into medium chunks.
I used frozen gnocchi for this recipe, but you can also use fresh or shelf-stable.
- 1 lb. potato gnocchi, fresh, shelf-stable or frozen
- 1 12-oz. bag mixed mini bell peppers, or 2 medium bell peppers, cut into medium chunks
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, or cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, cut into medium size slivers or chunks
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tsp. rosemary leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, for servings
- Place rack in middle of oven. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To a large bowl, add gnocchi, peppers, tomatoes, onions, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and toss until well combined. Spread mixture evenly on prepared sheet.
- Roast, tossing halfway through, until gnocchi begin to plump and veggies are tender and lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Serve in individual bowls garnished with fresh basil and parmesan cheese.
Recipe adapted from the kitchn