This Sausage, Peppers and Onions Frittata is hearty and delicious and perfect for brunch or dinner! It’s your favorite Italian sandwich, frittata style!
I thought we may need a little something to go along with those rye scones from Monday. See?? I’m always thinking of you guys!
And take it from me, this Sausage, Peppers and Onions Frittata is just the ticket. I mean who doesn’t love that classic Italian sandwich? It’s one of my favorites, so logically it needed to be made into a frittata to be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Ya gotta love the awesomeness of eggs. They’re so incredibly versatile don’t ya think? Now if you tried to eat a sausage, peppers and onions sandwich for breakfast people may look at you a little funny. But add some eggs to those ingredients and call it a frittata and everybody wants in.
If you’ve never heard of or tried a frittata, it’s an egg-based Italian dish similar to a crustless quiche or an omelette. You’re not only going to love the taste, but I guarantee you’re going to love how easy it is to whip up. You only need a handful of ingredients, a 10 inch oven-safe skillet, and a medium bowl. You start the cooking process on your stove and then transfer the skillet to your oven to finish it off.
This frittata is perfect for any meal of the day. Add some scones, toast and coffee and enjoy for breakfast, or a salad, crusty bread and a glass of wine for lunch or dinner. Enjoy folks!
Sausage, Peppers and Onions FrittataPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 3/4 tsp.kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup smoked mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. thinly sliced fresh chives
- 2 Tbsp.olive oil
- 3/4 lb. hot Italian sausage links
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 small red onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, salt, pepper, cheese and chives. Set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp.olive oil in nonstick, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Cook sausage links, turning often, until no longer pink inside, about 12-15 minutes. Remove from skillet and slice on the diagonal. Set aside.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil to the skillet over medium high heat. Add green pepper and onion and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes until slightly softened and browned, stirring often. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Add back in the sausage.
- Pour egg mixture into the skillet tilting the pan to distribute evenly. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the edges begin to pull away from the sides of the skillet.
- Transfer to preheated oven and cook until set, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Join the Conversation