These Peach, Ham and Gruyère Crêpes are perfect for those end of the season summer peaches!
Bonjour mes amis! Today, we’ll be enjoying an elegant little French meal that’s quick and easy and perfect for summer! Peach, Ham and Gruyère Crêpes. Because it’s still summer guys!
Hello friends. How was everyone’s weekend? Are you packing in all the fun before the dreaded back to school season hits? Or has it already hit for some of you? I mean wow! How is it almost the end of August?! I swear it was Memorial Day like five minutes ago!
I’m not one to easily let go of my favorite season, but I will admit, I spent most of my weekend thinking of what I’ll be sharing with you guys for fall, starting with back to school. I’ve got some delicious recipes coming next week for the kiddos that you won’t want to miss. A breakfast that they’re going to just love, which also serves double duty as a lunch box treat, and a little after school sweet that no kid (or adult) would pass up!
But let’s get to the matter at hand, today’s delicious Peach, Ham and Gruyère Crêpes. I’ve been a fan of crêpes forever. My mother made them quite often when we were growing up. In fact, it was always my requested birthday dinner.
So with the peach baskets still overflowing at all the local stands, my thoughts immediately went to crêpes stuffed with juicy peaches, my favorite nutty gruyère cheese, and some Black Forest ham. To balance out the sweetness of the peaches, I sprinkled the crêpes with fresh thyme and added some stone ground mustard to my crêpe batter. I served them with a little side salad and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc. It was dreamy! I was wishing you could have been enjoying them with me!
Whether you’re back into groove of the school season, or still savoring summer, I hope you all have a wonderful week! Thanks so much for following along here at the BHK. I appreciate each and every one of you!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 2 tsp. stone ground mustard
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 20 slices Black Forest ham thinly sliced
- 2 cups Gruyere cheese coarsely grated
- 4 peaches halved, pitted and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine flour, egg, egg yolk, melted butter, mustard, milk, salt and pepper in blender. Cover and blend until very smooth.The batter should be the consistency of heavy cream. Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat an 8-inch crepe pan or small non-stick skillet over medium heat. Spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using a 1/3 cup scoop, pour batter into the center of crepe pan. Tilt and turn pan so the batter spreads evenly across the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for about 1-1 1/2 minutes until edges and bottom begin to brown. Flip carefully with spatula. Continue to cook for another 1-2 minutes until crepe is golden brown. Remove from pan to a large plate. Repeat with remaining batter spraying the pan with non-stick cooking spray in between each crepe and stacking finished crepes on plate. Keep warm.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly brush a large rimmed baking sheet with butter.
- Place one crepe on a flat work surface. Place two slices of ham on half of the crepe, overlapping. Sprinkle with some shredded gruyere, and about three peach slices. Sprinkle with some thyme leaves, salt and pepper. Fold over other half of crepe to cover, then fold in half again to form a triangle. Please on prepared tray. Repeat with remaining crepes. Bake until for 5 minutes, until warmed all the way through. Remove from oven. Serve immediately, drizzled with honey, if desired.