This Loaded Muesli Quick Bread is so hearty and satisfying. It’s the perfect post workout treat!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Bob’s Red Mill. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make The Beach House Kitchen possible.
Good morning friends! Hope y’all had a wonderful weekend! Mine was busy, busy, busy. Lots of recipe testing and football watching going on. My team, the Philadelphia Eagles won, AND the recipes I tested were a huge hit with friends! It was an overall WIN of a weekend!
Today, I’m so excited to share my new Loaded Muesli Quick Bread with you guys! Since the first of the year, I’ve been in the swing of a good workout routine thanks to my good friend Michele. We keep tabs on each other to make sure no one’s fallen off the exercise wagon. Being accountable to someone really helps me keep at it. I created this quick bread as a little treat for after my workouts, and surprisingly, I find myself powering through my routine knowing there’s a slice in my immediate future!
Muesli. Are you guys familiar? It’s similar to granola, but it’s uncooked. In today’s loaf, I’ve added my favorite, Fruit and Seed Muesli from Bob’s Red Mill. It’s got an abundance of fruits, seeds, and nuts incorporated in a foundation of seven wholesome grains: wheat, rye, barley, oats, triticale, sorghum, and kasha. It’s also got almonds, raisins, cranberries, cherries, coconut flakes, and blueberries among sunflower, pumpkin, flax, and hemp seed and it’s the perfect addition to this breakfast bread. It makes it a hearty and extremely satisfying post workout snack.
I’ll be working with Bob’s Red Mill in 2018 to bring you some awesome recipes using their top-notch products. They are simply the best of the best in whole grain foods, so I’m proud to be working with them to hopefully bring their products to your kitchen too!
There’s muesli in the loaf, as well as some sprinkled on top, applesauce to keep the bread nice and moist, the warm spices of cinnamon and cardamon, and some extra added dried blueberries and chopped apricots. When I say it’s loaded, I really mean it! Perfect plain or with a smear of cream cheese. You decide. One slice of this baby, and you’ll be satisfied for hours! Hope everyone has a fabulous week. Enjoy!
Loaded Muesli Quick BreadPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cardamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Fruit and Seed Muesli separated
- 1/2 cup dried apricots chopped
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, eggs, canola oil, applesauce, and vanilla extract until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, cardamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until just combined. Gently mix in 1/2 cup of the Bob's Fruit and Seed Muesli, chopped apricots and dried blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup muesli. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely.
Join the Conversation