These spicy little Jalapeño Popper Pastry Bites are perfect for Cinco de Mayo or your next cocktail party!
Hello folks! Happy Monday!
I know, I know. Mondays are far from the happiest day of the week, but today, as promised, I’m sharing a littly appy for your Cinco de Mayo celebration.
And it involves CHEESE!
You can pop these seriously tasty mini Jalapeño Popper Pastry Bites into your mouth, one right after the other, because here at the BHK there is no judgement!
So Monday’s already looking a little bit better, don’t ya think?
If you’re planning a fiesta for Cinco de Mayo this year, these SUPER simple Jalapeño Popper Pastry Bites need to be on your menu.
To make these bites even easier, I’ve used ready-made phyllo shells that you can find in the freezer section of your local market.
A dreamy combination of cream cheese, sour cream, bacon, jalapeños, shredded cheddar-jack and few spices all blended together and then stuffed into a pastry shell make for a flavorful appetizer that will disappear faster than fast. Guaranteed!
Hoping these little bites help turn that Monday frown upside down guys! Enjoy!
If you’re looking for some other delicious appys for your Cinco de Mayo party, try my Bacon and Fig Guacamole or my Cheesy Mexican Chorizo Dip.
A Few Cook’s Notes for Jalapeño Popper Pastry Bites Recipe:
If you prefer things a bit spicy, when you finely chop your jalapeños, you can leave the seeds in one or both of the jalapeños instead of discarding.
You can find the pre-made pastry shells in your grocer’s freezer. I buy Athens Phyllo Shells.
Jalapeno Popper Pastry BitesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 10 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 1.9-oz. boxes Phyllo Shells, 15 shells in each box (I use Athens)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 jalapenos, ribs removed, if desired to make less spicy, and finely chopped
- 2 cups cheddar-jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook the chopped bacon until crisp. Remove from the skillet to a paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the frozen phyllo shells in a mini muffin tin and store in freezer until ready to fill.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, most of the bacon (leaving just a bit for sprinkling on top), chopped jalapenos, 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Remove shells from freezer and fill all shells evenly until you've used the entire mixture. Sprinkle the shells with the remaning shredded cheese and bacon. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.
Join the Conversation