This Glazed Almond Pound Cake is moist and fluffy and the perfect easy dessert to add to your baking list!
When I’m looking for an easy dessert to serve to friends and family and don’t have a lot of time on my hands, a pound cake is always the first thing that comes to mind.
Pound cakes are super simple, don’t create a huge mess in your kitchen, require just a handful of ingredients and can be served plain, glazed, with ice cream, or with fresh whipped cream and seasonal berries.
Today’s Glazed Almond Pound Cake is a effortless recipe that even the novice in the kitchen can whip up. It would be the ideal dessert for Mom on her special day this weekend…Mother’s Day.
And it just so happens, I’m not the only pound cake lover at our house. Mr. Picky is a HUGE fan. Even more so when fresh whipped cream is involved. And perhaps some ice cream too.
This pound cake melts in your mouth. It has a moist, buttery crumb with the perfect hint of almond flavor. Just the right amount of almond extract in the cake itself and some sliced almonds sprinkled on top of the loaf.
So treat good ole Mom to this special cake on her special day. She’ll love you for it! Enjoy!
A few other Mother’s Day dessert favorites here at the BHK are my Almond Blackberry Financiers, my Lemon Olive Oil Cupcakes with Lavender Buttercream and my Funfetti Angel Food Cake.
A Few Cook’s Notes for Glazed Almond Pound Cake Recipe:
Be sure to use room temperature butter, eggs and milk for this recipe. Room temperature ingredients help make your baked goods light and fluffy.
The sliced almonds on top of the loaf are optional. I added them for added flavor and crunch.
This recipe also works with one 12-cup bundt pan.
Glazed Almond Pound CakePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, for sprinkling on top of loaf, if desired
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2-4 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 9x5-inch loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Add butter and sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat at medium speed for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and continue to beat for 2 minutes, until well blended. Add almond extract.
- On low speed, add the flour mixture in three additions, alternating with the milk and mix until well combined. Pour batter into loaf pans and level tops with offset spatula. Bake for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack, then remove from pan to completely cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the glaze ingredients until smooth, starting with two tablespoons milk and adding more milk if needed to get to desired pouring consistency. Pour over cooled loaves and sprinkle with sliced almonds, if desired.
Join the Conversation