These Easy Toffee Chocolate Chip Bars have a rich, buttery shortbread crust and a chocolate toffee topping that’s to die for!
Hey guys! Happy one day closer to the weekend!
You know the weekend is an excuse to treat ourselves right? We’ve worked hard all week long, even changed out the fatty dressing for a healthier option for our Chicken Bacon Avocado Caesar Pasta Salad on Monday, AND hit the gym everyday (wink wink)! So today it’s Easy Toffee Chocolate Chip Bars for the WIN!
No joke, these bars are crazy good! They’re similar to magic cookie bars. You folks know what magic cookie bars are, don’t ya? They’re bars with a graham cracker crust, Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk, coconut, nuts and chocolate chips.
Well, Tom is not a huge coconut fan, so I’ve got my own little version that Tom loves. These Easy Toffee Chocolate Chip Bars are easier than easy. I switched out the graham cracker crust for a rich and buttery shortbread crust, omitted the coconut, added some Heath milk chocolate toffee bits, some chopped pecans, and some chocolate chips to make them even more dreamy!
You can sub in walnuts or almonds for the pecans, and you can use whatever kind of chocolate chips you like, semi-sweet, milk or dark chocolate. I guarantee, you’re going to love these! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Enjoy!
Easy Toffee Chocolate Chip BarsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Shortbread Crust:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, (2 sticks) melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 14- ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 8-ounce package Heath Milk Chocolate & Toffee Bits
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang for easy removal. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together melted butter, granulated sugar and vanilla until well combined. Add the flour mixture and stir until combined. Press the mixture evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Raise oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Topping: Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the shortbread crust. Sprinkle evenly with one cup of the chocolate chips, then all the pecans, all the toffee bits, and lastly the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Let completely cool on wire rack. Place in refrigerator for an additional 20-30 to firm up before lift the parchment by the overhangs and cutting into bars.
Join the Conversation