Super chocolatey with a deliciously gooey center, these Double Chocolate Brownie Cupcakes will be your new favorite dessert!
Happy Monday guys!
Well, today is anything but happy for me. I’ll be heading home to chilly Philly from sunny, 85 degree Naples, Florida. Wah wah!
I flew down to spend a few days with my mom, and believe me it’s just what the doctor ordered. The weather was beautiful, spending time with my mom was fabulous (as usual), and having nothing but resting and relaxing on the agenda was just what I needed.
Going from shorts and flip flops back to coats and cold weather is going to be a tough pill to swallow. So you know what that calls for? A Double Chocolate Brownie Cupcake!
We all know that chocolate makes everything better, and these brownie cupcakes have double the chocolate, a decadent gooey center, and a generous helping of chopped walnuts.
The only thing that would make these cupcakes better would be a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side! Enjoy!
Double Chocolate Brownie CupcakesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/3 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts, chopped (I use Diamond of CA walnuts)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Generously spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or line with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter, sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla until well blended. Add eggs one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Add the flour and stir until well blended. Stir in the walnuts.
- Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups filling just a little over 3/4 full. Sprinkle each cupcake wirh some semisweet chocolate chips or chopped semisweet chocolate pieces.
- Bake from 18-20 minutes. Edges should be set but the cupcakes should still be gooey in the middle. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove carefully. Repeat with any remaining batter. Serve immediately with ice cream on the side, if desired.
Join the Conversation