Rich and SUPER chocolatey, these Decadent Rolo® Brownies are a simple, delicious treat for that special person in your life!
How bout we start our weekend off a day early folks? I mean all the days seem to be running together anyway, so does it really matter? I don’t think anyone will notice.
And why not start it on a sweet, decadently chocolatey note?!
It’s clear y’all really love chocolate. I shared my Devil Dog Cake on my IG account a few days ago to rave reviews. I was so excited to see how many of you were making it and sharing your photos. Thank you from the bottom of my chocolate lovin’ heart! XO
Today’s Decadent Rolo® Brownies are just as DREAMY as the Devil Dog Cake! And they only require a handful of ingredients, most of which I bet you already have on hand.
They’re rich and chewy and studded with an entire bag of Rolo® candies! As if these brownies weren’t rich enough on their own, the Rolo® candies just put them over the top!
These are perfect for weekend baking and perfect for gifting to all those people you know who are working so hard right now to keep the rest of us safe during these troubling times.
Stay safe my friends. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Decadent Rolo® Brownies Recipe:
You can cut the brownies into any size you prefer. You can opt for 9 extra large squares or 16 small squares.
I used a 10.6-oz. bag of Rolo® candies (minus a few I ate before they even made it to the batter). I left some whole and sliced some in half before adding to the batter.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 10.6-oz. bag Rolo candies, unwrapped
- Place a rack in center of the oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from the heat and whisk in the sugar. Whisk in the eggs and the vanilla until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt until well combined. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until mixture is smooth, about 1 minute. Fold in the Rolo candies. I cut some in half and left the others whole. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Bake until toothpick inserted in center of brownies comes out with just a few crumbs, about 40 minutes. Let the brownies cool completely on a wire rack, then cut into squares.
Adapted from Fine Cooking Magazine