These Coconut Crepes with Whipped Greek Yogurt and Berry Compote is the perfect breakfast to welcome spring!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Chobani. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make The Beach House Kitchen possible.
Today, I made us a special breakfast to celebrate spring! It’s here! It’s finally here!!
I totally ignored that little sprinkle of snow yesterday, because really? It’s spring and I’m so over that! Snow is yesterday’s news. Today, it’s all about flowers blooming, birds chirping and these Coconut Crepes with Whipped Yogurt and Berry Compote! I know, I know, the title is a mouthful, but believe me, it’s a delicious mouthful you need to try! I couldn’t just whip us up some ordinary breakfast to celebrate the new spring season, now could I?! I had to go big!
We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day right?! So we need to do it and we need to do it right. I don’t know about you guys, but when I have a delicious breakfast, I feel better about myself and whatever challenges the day has in store for me.
Yogurt has always been a favorite on my breakfast menu and Chobani has always been my yogurt of choice. Have you tried their new Simply 100 line? It’s the only 100-calorie Greek yogurt with zero artificial sweeteners or preservatives. It’s perfect as a quick, on-the-go breakfast, but even more perfect enjoyed with a special recipe like today’s crepes.
The fresh berries at the market were just screaming spring, so I decided to take full advantage and make a fresh strawberry and blueberry compote. You’re gonna LOVE it! And nothing goes better with fruit than yogurt, so I whipped up some Simply 100 vanilla yogurt with some honey and some cream and stuffed it inside a delicious crepe made with some coconut milk and unsweetened coconut. Perfect breakfast to celebrate spring don’t you agree? Hope you enjoy! Happy spring!
- Berry Compote:
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh strawberries cored and quartered
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp. melted butter
- 2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. desiccated coconut plus extra for sprinkling on top
- Whipped Greek Yogurt:
- 3 5.3-oz conatiners Vanilla Flavored Simply 100 Greek Yogurt
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- Berry Compote: Place berries, water, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla in a large saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until sugar dissolves and fruit begins to soften, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Set aside to cool.
- Whipped Greek Yogurt: In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, heavy cream and honey. Continue to whisk until mixture begins to thicken and soft peaks form. You can also use a hand mixer here if you have one. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Crepes: Combine flour, egg, egg yolk, melted butter, sugar, milk and coconut milk in blender. Cover and blend until very smooth. Add the coconut and continue to blend for 10 seconds. The batter should be the consistency of heavy cream. Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat an 8-inch crepe pan or small non-stick skillet over medium heat. Spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using a 1/3 cup scoop, pour batter into the center of crepe pan. Tilt and turn pan so the batter spreads evenly across the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for about 1-1 1/2 minutes until edges and bottom begin to brown. Flip carefully with spatula. Continue to cook for another 1-2 minutes until crepe is golden brown. Remove from pan to a large plate. Repeat with remaining batter spraying the pan with non-stick cooking spray in between each crepe and stacking finished crepes on plate. Keep warm.
- To assemble crepes: Spoon some whipped yogurt onto one half of each crepe. Fold the crepe in half and then in half again. Spoon some of the compote over the filled crepe. Repeat with remaining crepes, yogurt and compote. Sprinkle the top of the crepes with extra coconut if desired. Serve immediately.