This Chicken Noddle Stir-Fry with Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce is a healthy-ish comfort food dish that’s always a crowd favorite!
To take the sting out of Monday, today I’m serving up some healthy-ish comfort food guys!
I say healthy-ish because it’s packed with veggies, and the brown rice noodles are whole-grain, all-natural, fat, egg and cholesterol-free. Boom!
So the spicy Thai peanut sauce isn’t super healthy, but two outta three isn’t bad, right? AND we all deserve something delicious to get us through Monday, so let’s call it even shall we?
This Chicken Noodle Stir-Fry with Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce is quick and easy too for those busy weeknights ahead when school is back in session. And since today may be the first day of school for some of you folks, I’m keeping things short and sweet today.
A Few Cook’s Notes for Chicken Noodle Stir-Fry with Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce Recipe:
I added two teaspoons of chili garlic sauce to the recipe, but if you like things spicier, add a bit more. Start out with one teaspoon and add more if you prefer.
To keep the recipe on the healthier side I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts, but I’ve also made it with chicken thighs and it’s just as delicious. If you do opt for chicken thighs you will need to cook the chicken longer until it’s cooked though and no longer pink inside.
Loaded with red and yellow peppers, carrots and boneless, skinless chicken breasts, this makes for one satisfying meal. No need for a side salad because all the veggies are packed right in.
Just stir-fry your veggies and chicken, boil up your noodles and toss everything in that lip smackin’ spicy Thai peanut sauce and dinner is served. To rave reviews I guarantee! Enjoy!
Chicken Noodle Stir-Fry with Spicy Thai Peanut SaucePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 3 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. chili garlic sauce
For Chicken, Noodles and Vegetables
- 8 oz. brown rice noodles, I use Thai Kitchen
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 1/2 cups yellow pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, julienned
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
For the Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine all sauce ingredients, stirring until well combined. Start out with one teaspoon of the chili garlic sauce and it you'd like it spicier, add more. Keep warm until ready to combine with noodles, chicken and vegetables.
For Chicken, Noodles and Vegetables
- Cook brown rice noodles according to package directions. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add one tablespoon of the vegetable oil. When oil is hot, add chicken pieces, Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fry for 5-7 minutes until cooked through. Remove to plate.
- Add the remaining one tablespoon vegetable oil to the skillet. When hot, add the red and yellow peppers and carrots. Stir fry for 4-5 minutes until almost tender.
- Return the chicken and the rice noodles to the skillet. Cook until warmed through. Take off the heat and pour the sauce over the mixture, stirring until evenly coated. Sprinkle with green onions and nuts. Serve immediately in individual bowls.
Join the Conversation