This Cheesy Shrimp Skillet Monkey Bread is a delicious, quick little appy that’s perfect for your next get together!
Way back in April when we were doing “driveway drinks” and appetizers with friends, more than six-feet apart of course, due to Covid, I made these totally tasty shrimp puffs that were featured in an old issue of Food Network Magazine. We all loved them.
But you know me. I had to put my own spin on them.
I was thinking, hmmmm, how bout I turn them into a ridiculously easy monkey bread? I kept to the basic ingredients, just adding a little bit of bacon, because, well bacon.
The real reason I turned it into a monkey bread was because I was at the market and saw that Pillsbury had a new Grands! biscuit flavor. Flaky Layers Sweet Hawaiian Biscuits.
I mean really? Who can pass up a Pillsbury biscuit? Not me for sure. And when I saw the new sweet Hawaiian flavor, I knew I’d have to whip up something with them.
I used one can of the biscuits and divided each biscuit into four individual pieces before coating them in a mixture of melted butter, garlic and Dijon mustard. We’re off to a good start, don’t ya think?
I added half the buttery biscuits to a skillet, then added half the shrimp mixture, which is a combination of shrimp, shredded cheddar jack, crisp bacon bits (found in the salad dressing aisle at your local market), scallions, fresh dill and some mayonnaise. Then the remaining half of biscuits and finally the leftover shrimp mixture before lastly topping with some extra shredded cheese, because we all know extra cheese is always a good thing.
Seriously, this monkey bread is addictive. It’s buttery, cheesy and a cozy, comfort food appy that’s just perfect for your next get together! Hope y’all give it a go. And if you do, please snap a photo and share. I’d love to see! Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Cheesy Shrimp Skillet Monkey Bread
You can use either regular Grands! Flaky Biscuits or the Sweet Hawaiian flavor. Either work.
I used shredded cheddar jack cheese for this recipe, but you can also use plain cheddar or plain Monterey jack, or even Gruyère.
Cheesy Shrimp Skillet Monkey BreadPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 lb. shrimp, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups cheddar-jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 scallions, white part and some green, chopped
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 1 16-oz. can Grands! Refrigerated Sweet Hawaiian Flaky Biscuits, each cut into 4 pieces
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheddar-jack, mayo, scallions, bacon and dill.
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter, garlic and mustard until well combined. Dip the biscuits pieces, a few at a time, in the melted butter mixture until well coated. Scatter half of the coated biscuits in the bottom of a large skillet. Drop dollops of the shrimp mixture, about half, on top of the biscuits. Top with the remaining biscuits and then the remaining shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, tenting with a piece of foil if biscuits start to brown too much. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Inspired by Food Network Magazine
Join the Conversation