This Chai Spiced French Toast is a cozy breakfast featuring all the warm spices of chai. Served with some syrup and fresh berries it’s sure to be a family fave!
Cozy Chai Spiced French Toast
Looking for a warm and cozy breakfast to spice up your weekly routine? This Chai Spiced French Toast is quick and easy and a step up in flavor from your traditional french toast recipe.
French toast isn’t something we indulge in every day for breakfast. It’s more of a special treat.
And the chai flavors of warm cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, allspice, cloves and vanilla turn ordinary into extraordinary.
How to make French Toast
French toast is actually simple to make. It’s made of thick slices of bread that are soaked in a rich egg custard. It’s pan-fried to give it a crisp exterior while the inside remains soft and custard-like.
You’ll need to make sure you dip your bread in the custard mixture until it’s well coated on both sides, but don’t leave it in too long so the bread falls apart, only about 2-3 seconds per side.
And when pan-frying, use a non-stick skillet for easy cleanup and cook for about 3-3 1/2 minutes per side over medium-low heat.
Chai Spiced French Toast Ingredients
• brioche or challah bread
• granulated sugar
• cinnamon, ground ginger, cardamom, allspice and ground cloves
• vanilla extract
Treat yourself to this french toast this week for breakfast. Serve it with butter, fresh berries, maple syrup, powdered sugar or even some Nutella. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Chai Spiced French Toast Ingredients
I love to use challah or brioche for our french toast, but you can also use white bread if you prefer.
When you dip your bread into the custard mixture, dip it quickly until both sides are well coated with the mixture. You don’t want to leave it in the mixture too long so it falls apart or gets too soft.
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes to Enjoy
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. cardamom
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- pinch of salt
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 8 slices brioche or challah bread, sliced 3/4-1-inch thick
- In a medium shallow bowl, whisk together sugar, spices and pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat.Whisk eggs, milk and vanilla into the spice mixture in the shallow bowl. Melt two tablespoons of the butter in the skillet. Dip the bread slices in the custard mixture until coated on both sides, about 2-3 seconds on each side.
- Pan fry the slices 2 or 3 at a time depending on the size of your skillet, about 3-3 1/2 minutes on each side, adding more butter when needed. Repeat with remaining custard and bread slices. Serve warm with butter and syrup or desired toppings.