Crispy on the outside and packed with plump juicy blueberries on the inside, these sweet little Blueberry Fritters are what breakfast dreams are made of!
We’ve been through this before friends. Mondays call for something a little extra special right? Well, today I’ve got us covered with these scrumptious Blueberry Fritters!
With Mother’s Day weekend just a few short days away, it’s time to up your breakfast game for that special lady in your life. I mean really… I’m betting dollars to doughnuts (or fritters) that good old Mom deserves way more than blueberry fritters, but it’s a start. A really good start.
These crispy on the outside, bite-sized fritters are tender and cinnamony and filled with fresh, plump, juicy blueberries, then lightly dusted with confectioner’s sugar. Mom will adore these beauties served up breakfast in bed style with her morning tea or coffee. I guarantee it! Plus they’ll earn you some major brownie points for the next time you need ’em!
Hope you have a great week guys! Enjoy!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. butter melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- canola oil for frying
- confectioner's sugar for dusting
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until well blended.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk, egg, butter and vanilla. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry, stirring with a spatula just until combined. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Heat about 3-4 inches of canola oil in a Dutch oven over medium-low heat. Do not heat the oil too quickly or above medium heat or the fritters will burn.
- Drop batter by the tablespoonful into the hot oil. I usually put in 5 at a time. Do not leave the pot while the fritters are cooking. Flip occasionally to promote even browning. Cook for approximately 2-3 minutes until fritters are cooked through.
- Remove from pot with slotted spoon and let drain on a paper towel lined plate. Dust with powdered sugar. Serve warm.