This zesty Baked Shrimp with Feta and Olives is a super simple weeknight dinner that the entire family is sure to love. It’s made in one skillet and ready in less than 30 minutes!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Outside Table. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make The Beach House Kitchen possible.
And just like that Turkey Day is a thing of the past and it’s full speed ahead to Hanukkah and Christmas!
I know the next few weeks will be busy. With all kinds of holiday baking, shopping, wrapping, parties and planning going on, dinners at our house have to be quick and easy and of course delicious.
A Bold and Spicy One Skillet Meal
This Baked Shrimp with Feta and Olives is one of our new favorites! I’m sharing this recipe with the help of my friends from Outside Table. Ken and Heidi, the founders of Outside Table, reached out a few months back to share their sauces and spices and my family immediately became fans.
They’ve got two delicious sauces, their Sunday Sauce which has a smoky tomato, tangy vinegar and fiery pepper flavor and their Saturday Sweet which is a tangy blend of tomato and vinegar with a sweet twist. Both crafted in small batches with fresh organic ingredients, and both spectacular.
They’ve also got a line of spice blends that I’ve used in numerous dishes already and they definitely amp up the flavor in whatever I’m cooking. They’ve got an Everyday Herb which I used in today’s dish, a Friday Fennel, a Taco Tuesday, a Weekend BBQ and a new Simply SPG which is a salt, pepper and garlic that’s wonderful for meats, veggies or a marinade that needs a boost in flavor.
I hope you have a chance to check out their products and their story. I guarantee you’ll be impressed by their commitment to give back to their community and their beautiful sustainable packing that’s perfect for holiday gifting.
Now on to this Baked Shrimp with Feta and Olives.
This is one bold and spicy dish. It’s got a Mediterranean flair with feta, Kalamata olives, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes and Outside Table’s Everyday Herb Blend which is a salted spice blend of thyme, oregano, pepper, cayenne and chili pepper.
Baked Shrimp with Feta and Olives Ingredients
- large shrimp
- olive oil
- Vidalia onion
- green bell pepper
- garlic cloves
- diced fire roasted tomatoes
- crushed tomatoes
- Outside Table Everyday Herb Blend
- Kalamata olives
- fresh basil leaves
- feta cheese crumbles
I love this meal because it’s not just delicious, it’s quick and easy and cooked in one large, oven-proof deep skillet. No huge messes with tons of pots and pans to clean.
You can opt to serve this dish appetizer-style straight from the skillet with some fresh sliced baguette slices or serve it with a side of rice for more of a meal. We’ve enjoyed it both ways.
This one is a busy holiday season winner of a dinner folks! Enjoy!
It’s GIVEAWAY Time
To start off my Holiday GIVEAWAY Week, three lucky winners will receive a Just the Sauce Set which includes a bottle of Saturday Sweet and Sunday Sauce and a Spice Stocking Stuffer Bundle which includes a sample each of Outside Table’s five spice blends. (pictured below)
How to Enter the GIVEAWAY
To enter the GIVEAWAY head on over to Instagram and follow The Beach House Kitchen and Outside Table, give today’s IG post for this Baked Shrimp with Feta and Olives a like and tag a friend in the comments (tag multiple friends for additional entries) and then pop back here to the blog saying you did so.
Entries will be accepted for all giveaways now through 5 PM ET December 8th. Winners will be contacted through direct message on IG.
There will be a new giveaway promoted through my IG stories each day this week so stay tuned and GOOD LUCK!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Baked Shrimp with Feta and Olives
I like to add half of the feta into the tomato/shrimp mixture before it’s baked and leave the rest to serve with the dish after it’s baked.
Make sure you use a nice deep oven proof skillet if you just want to use one pan because you will cook everything in the skillet before finishing off the shrimp in the oven. You can also cook everything in a skillet and then just pour into a baking dish to finish it off in the oven.
As mentioned in my post, you can serve this as an appetizer or a main dish. If you serve it as an appetizer, I would serve it with baguette slices. If you serve it as a main dish, I would serve it with a side of white rice.
- 1 1/2 lbs. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, finely chopped, about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 medium green bell pepper, finely chopped, about 1 cup
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14.5-oz. fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 2 1/2 tsp. Outside Table Everyday Herb Spice Blend
- 3/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 8 oz. feta cheese crumbles, divided
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves, chopped, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add olive oil to a large, deep oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and green pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes, until softened and translucent. Stir in the garlic and continue to cook for one minute. Stir in the diced and crushed tomatoes and the Outside Table Everyday Herb Spice Blend and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the shrimp, Kalamata olives and half of the feta crumbles.Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 12-14 minutes or until shrimp are opaque. Serve with the extra feta crumbles or sprinkle them over the top of the finished dish. Sprinkle with chopped basil, if desired.