This Turkey Salad with Grapes, Pecans and Cranberries in a Jar is a tasty make-ahead meal that’s perfect for all those turkey leftovers from the holiday!
Two weeks until Turkey Day folks!!
We all know what that means, right? We’ll be up to our necks in turkey! It’ll be here a turkey, there a turkey, everywhere a turkey, turkey!
Believe it or not, that’s my favorite part about Thanksgiving. The leftovers. How bout you guys? What’s your favorite part of Thanksgiving?
I’ve always tried to not overindulge at dinner, so I have room for that killer turkey sandwich later at night. It goes something like this…fresh seeded rye bread ever so lightly toasted, a slathering of good mayo, some white meat turkey, a smidge of stuffing, some crunchy romaine lettuce, a handful of ruffled chips and a cold dill pickle on the side, and a cold can of Coke to wash it all down! I can taste it already!
There’ll still be more turkey long after that sandwich is done, so my Turkey Salad with Grapes, Pecans and Cranberries in a Jar is the perfect make-ahead meal for those extra leftovers. I like to make this one because it’s a quick, portable lunch that’s nice and hearty and fresh.
I used my tried and true chicken salad recipe and just substituted it with turkey. Simply shred or cube some of your turkey meat, white or dark, or a combo of both, add some celery and onion, some good mayo, kosher salt and pepper, and of course my favorite, fresh tarragon, and toss it all together. I used arugula in my jars, but feel free to substitute your favorite kind of lettuce. And if you’re not a fan of pecans, any nut will do, walnuts, almonds, take your pick. I used 16 oz. wide mouth jars by Ball, but anything similar will work just fine. Enjoy!
Hope to see you back at the BHK next week when we’ll be finishing up our EPIC Cheese Board for the holidays! You won’t want to miss it! Happy weekend folks!
- 2 cups arugula leaves (or your favorite type of lettuce)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup halved pecans
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- Turkey Salad:
- 2 cups cooked turkey meat, shredded or chopped
- 1/2 cup celery , diced
- 1/4 cup Vidalia onion, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine turkey, celery onion, tarragon and mayo. Toss until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble, divide turkey salad, arugula, cranberries, pecans and grapes evenly to each wide-mouth canning jar. Store in refrigerator. When ready to enjoy, pour ingredients into bowl and serve.