These Pumpkin Cheesecake Popsicles have a deliciously creamy and smooth texture. They’re adult and kid approved and the perfect little ice cream treat for your Thanksgiving dessert table!
Oh yes I did folks! I whipped us up a delicious pumpkiny ice cream treat for our Thanksgiving celebration!
I know, I know…it’s not really ice cream season. But for some people, ice cream season never ends! I happen to be one of those people. I’m hoping you are too!
I’ve been dying to share these popsicles for like evah!! Ever since I shared my 4th of July Berry Cheesecake Popsicles, I knew I’d have to share another creamy cheesecake popsicle. They were just too good! And since pumpkin cheesecake happens to be one of my favorite fall desserts, I decided why not change things up a bit for the holiday this year and turn this classic fall cheesecake into a novel adult AND kid friendly dessert?
It’s basically a piece of frozen pumpkin cheesecake on a stick. It doesn’t get any better in my book! They’re a total cinch to make too. You can use a popsicle mold if you have one, or you can just use some 8-9 oz. plastic or paper cups like I did. A mixture of cream cheese, pure pumpkin (I use Libby’s), some half and half and heavy cream, along with some pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon give these pops a creamy texture with a pop of pumpkin that’s to die for. And they’re topped off with a sweet little graham cracker crust. Sounds pretty good huh?!
I hope you enjoy these friends! Just don’t tell the kiddos ahead of time or they’ll skip straight to dessert! Please join me back at the BHK next week for a special celebration! It’s the BHK’s 2 year anniversary! Woot woot! Time sure does fly!! Have a wonderful weekend!
- Graham cracker crust:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter with a fork until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium high speed, beat cream cheese until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Turn mixer to low speed and slowly add granulated sugar. Beat until smooth.
- Add pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, vanilla, half and half and heavy cream and beat until well blended.
- Divide the mixture evenly between eight 8 or 9 oz. cups filling 3/4 full. Top with 2 tablespoons of graham cracker crumbs pressing gently to even out.
- Cover and place cups in freezer for one hour. Remove from freezer and insert sticks into middle of each cup. Return to the freezer for an additional 5 hours or until totally frozen.
- To remove popsicles from cups just peel away paper if you've used paper cups. If you used plastic cups or a popsicle mold, run outside under warm water to slightly melt the pops to release the cup/mold.