These Triple Decker Delight Brownie Bars are a combination of brownies, Double Stuff Heads or Tails Oreo Cookies and blondie bars studded with white chocolate chunks! They’re irresistible!
Hi-ya friends and Happy Monday!
Wow, what a weekend! After a few weekends in a row of rain, Mother Nature finally treated us to THE BEST fall weekend ever! I hope you guys had some fall fun because I know I did. My weekend started off in the best possible way. I headed to the Philly airport to pick up our son Casey who is home for fall break from the University of Michigan. I hadn’t seen Case since the beginning of August, so I was so excited! I spent the weekend making all of his favorites with today’s Triple Decker Delight Brownie Bars at the top of the list!
Of course, at mid-semester most college kids have some kind of cough/cold goin’ on. You know, because of all the weeks of late night studying they’ve been putting in, (cough, cough, partying), they’re running themselves ragged! Been there, done that, and so wish I could do it again! So you know I had to make a big pot of his favorite, Italian Wedding Soup to ward off the evil cough and cold spirits. And while we were watching the Eagles game on Sunday, my Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups were next on the requested list.
As soon as he walked in the door though, it was all about these Triple Decker Delight Brownie Bars! Casey is my Dad to a T. He loves his chocolate and his desserts. And throw in some Oreos and he’s all in. There’s something similar in the blogosphere called “slutty brownies”, but these are just a bit different. They have a brownie base, a layer of Heads or Tails Double Stuff Oreo Cookies and then a layer of blondie batter on top, studded with white chocolate chunks.
I make these bars in a 9×9 pan and used 16 Oreos, 4 down and 4 across, so there’s a full Oreo in every bar. I’ve made them with all different flavors of Oreos, so include whatever flavor suits your fancy. Hope y’all enjoy them as much as Casey! Have an awesome week and hope to see you back the the BHK this Thursday when I’ll be collaborating with my friend Alida from Simply Delicious to bring you two fabulous pumpkin desserts!
- Brownie Layer:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup (one stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 16 Double Stuff Heads or Tails Oreo Cookies
- Blondie Layer:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white chocolate, roughly chopped (I use Ghirardelli White Chocolate Baking Bars)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper. Spray parchment lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Brownie batter: In a small bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Do not over mix. Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan.
- Top brownie batter with 16 Oreos, 4 across by 4 down, evenly spaced.
- Blondie Batter: In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter and brown sugar until well blended. Whisk in the beaten egg and vanilla until combined. Add the flour mixture and and mix just until incorporated. Do not over mix. Fold in the chopped white chocolate.
- Spread batter evenly over top of the Oreos.
- Bake until skewer inserted into center comes out with a few moist pieces on it, about 25-27 minutes. Do not over bake. Remove from oven to wire rack to cool. Remove from pan by the parchment paper and cut into 2 inch squares.