There’s nothing better than starting the day with a delicious breakfast of warm French Toast Stuffed with sweet Walnut Cinnamon Cream Cheese. It’s a tasty breakfast or brunch treat that’s always a favorite.
It’s Monday morning friends and that calls for one thing…a killer breakfast! So we’re starting the week off on the right foot with this amazing Walnut Cinnamon Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast. Sounds good huh?! Well, let me tell you guys, it definitely tastes as good as it sounds!
I hope y’all had an awesome weekend. Mine was jam packed with fun. I had a girls weekend with seven of my best girlfriends from college! We went to our friend Shirley’s in Eagles Mere, Pennsylvania. Eagles Mere is in the mountain region of Northeastern Pennsylvania. There are 120 full time residents, but during the summer 3,000 people flock to Eagles Mere to take advantage of the beautiful scenery and the gorgeous private lake and activities that surround it. While we were there we enjoyed a long walk around the lake, a fabulous lineup of food, perhaps one cocktail too many and story after story of our fun times in college together. It was an absolute blast!
But now that it’s back to work and no more fun and games (at least until next weekend), I needed a special breakfast to get me motivated for the new week ahead. I think we always need to bring a little more to the table on Mondays. Don’t ya think? Well, this Stuffed French Toast with Walnut Cinnamon Cream Cheese is totally the ticket.
It’s two slices of cinnamon raisin bread, sandwiched together with smooth cream cheese studded with walnuts, brown sugar and cinnamon. It’s then dipped in a mixture of eggs, half and half, vanilla, cinnamon and a pinch of salt and cooked in a skillet until golden brown. You can lightly dust the french toast with confectioner’s sugar or drizzle it with a bit of maple syrup. Whatever suits your fancy. With a nice glass of OJ and a hot cup of coffee this french toast will make the beginning of your work week soooo much better! Trust me. Enjoy!
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 8 slices cinnamon raisin bread
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1-2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- confectioner's sugar for dusting
- maple syrup for serving if desired
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, brown sugar cinnamon and walnuts. Mix until well combined. Spread a thick layer of filling over four bread slices and top with remaining four bread slices.
- For the french toast, in a medium bowl whisk together eggs, half and half, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Transfer mixture to a shallow dish and set aside.
- Melt one tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Soak one sandwich at a time in the egg mixture on one side, then flip to the other side until well coated but not soggy.
- Add sandwich to skillet and cook on one side until golden, about two minutes before flipping to other side and continuing to cook for an additional two minutes.
- Continue with remaining sandwiches adding more butter to the skillet if needed.
- Slice each sandwich in half and dust with confectioner's sugar if desired. Serve with maple syrup.