This BLT Phyllo Pizza combines the classic BLT sandwich with irresistible cheesy pizza! It’s seasonally fresh and delicious!
It’s almost the weekend, so let’s celebrate with some pizza, shall we?!
The other day, I was going through the BHK recipe index to make sure I’ve been spreading the love to each and every category and shame on me! I have not as of yet shared a pizza! What the heck?! Y’all must be thinking I don’t like pizza…which is so totally NOT the case! I’m a huge fan!
So today, your’re in for a treat! I’m sharing my all-time favorite BLT Phyllo Pizza. Summer would not be summer without a fresh and delicious BLT, so when I was pondering over what kind of pizza I should share, I figured I would kill two birds with one stone (not really because I’d actually never kill a bird, but you get the drift right?) and combine the sandwich with the pizza and BINGO…BLT Phyllo Pizza!
During the summer I like my pizza light and fresh, so this one is just the ticket. It’s got a light, crispy phyllo dough crust, juicy, plump Jersey tomatoes, some crispy bacon, oregano and four kinds of cheese. Yes friends, you heard right, four! Each layer of the phyllo is brushed with some butter and then sprinkled with parmesan. Then the top sheet is coated with a thin layer of Alouette Garlic and Herbs Cheese and finally sprinkled with a combo of shredded mozzarella and provolone. It’s summer pizza perfection if I say so myself!
And since I’m feeling a little guilty about not sharing a pizza with you guys before today, today at the BHK it’s buy one get one free, so to speak! I’m not only sharing my BLT Phyllo Pizza recipe, but I’m also sharing a fabulous Cheats Deep Dish Pizza recipe from my sweet and talented blogging friend, Alida from Simply Delicious. I came across Alida’s blog a while ago and was totally wowed! If you haven’t visited her blog, you NEED to pop on over and see all she’s got cooking up!
Hope you all enjoy your weekend and see you back at the BHK on Saturday morning bright and early, when I’ll be sharing a savory, simple recipe for Simple Saturday.
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 8 sheets phyllo dough (size 9x14)
- 8 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 1 6.5 oz. container Alouette Garlic and Herbs Cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 6 plum tomatoes, sliced roughly 1/4 inch thick
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat.
- Cook bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan. Set aside. You should have roughly 1 1/2 cups.
- Brush bottom of a 9x13x1 inch baking pan with some melted butter. Lay one sheet in pan. Brush with butter and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. parmesan cheese. Repeat layer 6 more times.
- Place last sheet of phyllo on top and spread with the Alouette cheese.
- Sprinkle with the shredded mozzarella , provolone and bacon.
- Arrange tomatoes on top of the cheese. Sprinkle tomatoes with final tablespoon of parmesan cheese, oregano and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes just until the edges of the phyllo are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven, cut into squares and top each slice with some of the shredded romaine.