This Pecan Pie Bundt Cake will be one of the easiest cakes ever to come out of your kitchen! It’s a showstopping dessert with a moist vanilla cake and a pecan topping that’s totally irresistible!
Seriously guys, isn’t she a beauty??
I made this Pecan Pie Bundt Cake for a New Year’s Eve party this year and everyone was asking for the recipe. It’s that good. And it’s beyond easy too!
I’m always up for a super simple dessert every now and then that incorporate a box mix. I know I should be all about everything homemade around here, but I’m just like everyone else. Some days I’m just crunched for time and I still want to impress with a spectacular dessert, so this is where a box mix comes into play. And let’s face the facts, Betty Crocker didn’t get famous for nothin’! Her moist cake mixes are delicious!
Pecan Pie Bundt Cake Ingredients
- light brown sugar
- corn syrup
- unsalted butter
- Betty Crocker Super Moist Vanilla Cake Mix
- vegetable oil
- large eggs
- sour cream
How to Make this Pecan Pie Bundt Cake
This bundt has a fantastic pecan pie-ish topping that is totally to die for. You combine the ingredients for the topping and pour the mixture into your bundt pan that’s been generously sprayed with nonstick baking spray with flour.
Then you’ll combine your box cake mix with the vegetable oil, water, eggs and sour cream until no lumps remain. You’ll gently pour the batter over the topping in the bundt pan and bake.
You will want to cake to cool on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes before inverting the pan onto a serving platter or cake stand. You can bang on the pan a few times before removing the bundt pan to make sure all the topping comes out. But no worries, if any of the pecans stick in the pan just simply remove with the fork and place on top of the bundt.
This is one cake recipe you guys really have to try. You’ll love the taste and how easy it is too. It’s fabulous served with some fresh whipped cream!
Please let me know if you give the recipe a try. And if you have any questions about the recipe, just drop a comment below. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Pecan Pie Bundt Cake
You will need to use a 12-cup bundt pan for this recipe.
Make sure to spray your bundt pan generously with non-stick cooking spray so you have no problem releasing the cake or the topping. If any of the topping does stick you can just remove from the pan with a fork and place where needed on the top of the cake.
More Delicious Bundt Cake Recipes to Enjoy
- 1/2 cup (one stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-cup bundt pan generously with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Mix until the sugar is almost dissolved. Add the pecans until well combined. Pour the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, water and sour cream until no lumps remain. Gently pour the cake batter over the top of the pecan topping.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes (mine took 40 minutes) or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven onto a cooling rack for 10 minutes and then invert the pan onto a cake platter. Bang on the top of the bundt to help release the cake and topping. If any of the topping sticks just remove with a fork and place where needed.
- Serve warm with fresh whipped cream, if desired.
Recipe adapted from 100K Recipes