Light and airy pastry filled with deliciously smooth Nutella whipped cream, these Nutella Cream Puffs are the perfect easy dessert for a special celebration!
Seriously tho…can your day get any better guys?! It’s 6am, and look at the yummy little treat that’s popped into your inbox!
You all know I’m a planner right?! We’ve been over this. I plan everything in advance. I was the nerd in college who had her papers done weeks in advance all tucked away in my desk drawer just waiting for the due date. I know, TOTAL nerd. Well, some things never change.
Once again, I’ve planned ahead. I’ve been dying to share these Nutella Cream Puffs for like ever. So why the wait? The plan was to share these for a special celebration. And what’s the celebration you ask? I finally hit 10,000 followers on Instagram!! Woohoo!! And I couldn’t have gotten there without you folks! I appreciate each and every one of you! Thanks so much for following along, for your sweet comments, and for sharing your photos of the recipes you’ve made from the BHK! You guys are the BEST!
To celebrate, I wanted to share an easy dessert recipe that would be perfect for the upcoming holidays, and one that’s always a hit with my guests. So it didn’t take long to decide on these Nutella Cream Puffs. If you’re thinking the pâte à choux (pastry dough) is too difficult to make, you thought wrong. It couldn’t be easier. These cream puffs are light and airy and so versatile. They can be filled with all different flavors of whipped cream, pastry cream, custard or ice cream. The possibilities are endless.
The Nutella filling is equally as easy. A mere three ingredients, that’s it! And if you can heat up some heavy cream and pour it over chopped chocolate and butter, you’ve nailed the chocolate glaze! See? Easy, right?!
I hope you can stop back next week when I’ll be sharing a festive little cocktail for Halloween with the help of my friends from Powell & Mahoney Craft Cocktail Mixers. I’ll be posting on Tuesday morning, bright and early, instead of my regular Monday. I’ve been dying to share this one folks! It’s a spooky little libation that’ll be perfect for your Halloween party! Stay tuned!
Nutella Cream PuffsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Pate a Choux:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter cut into cubes
- 4 large eggs
- Nutella Filling:
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream chilled
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup Nutella room temperature
- Chocolate Glaze:
- 4 oz. semisweet chocolate finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Garnish: Sprinkles if desired
- Pate a Choux: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat mats. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar and salt.
- In a medium saucepan, heat water and butter over medium heat. Lower heat to a simmer once butter is melted. Remove from the heat and add the flour mixture. Stir until mixture is smooth and well combined. Return the pan to low heat and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with a wooden spoon after each addition, until totally incorporated and the dough is glossy and smooth.
- Spoon the pate a choux into a pastry bag fitted with a large 1/2 inch round tip. Pipe 16 2-inch mounds 3 inches apart onto prepared trays. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 375 degrees and change trays, and continue to bake for 15 minutes more until golden brown and dry. Remove from oven and pierce the side of each puff with the tip of a knife. Cool on wire racks.
- Nutella Filling: Add one cup of the heavy whipping cream and the salt to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Whisk on medium speed until soft peaks forms. Add the Nutella and whisk on low speed until smooth. Whisk in the remaining heavy cream on medium speed until firm peaks form. Place in refrigerator to chill.
- Chocolate Glaze: Place the chopped chocolate and butter in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream over medium heat. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and butter. Let stand for one minute, then whisk until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Assembling Cream Puffs: Cut off the top third of each cream puff. Spoon some filling into the bottom of each cream puff. Replace tops. Drizzle with glaze and top with sprinkles, if desired.
Join the Conversation