This Easy Brown Butter Banana Bread is moist, fluffy and full of nutty brown butter and sweet banana flavors!
I have never been a fan of Monday mornings. Like ever. Friday seems so far away, doesn’t it? I firmly believe Monday mornings are always deserving of a little treat, so today we’re gonna party like it’s our birthday on Brown Butter Banana Bread! Brown butter friends! With each delicious bite, we’re going to feel that much closer to Friday!
We all know anything made with brown butter is like a million times better than with regular butter right? It’s the secret ingredient that adds an incredibly nutty, toasty flavor to any dish. This banana bread has been my son Sean’s favorite for years. You know, he’s the non-chocolate guy. (I’m still trying to wrap my head around that!) This banana bread recipe is so simple he even makes it quite often on his own. Make sure your bananas are overripe and watch your butter while it’s browning to make sure it doesn’t burn. You’ll be left with a loaf that’s moist, fluffy and full of nutty brown butter and sweet banana flavors that will definitely make this Monday morning treat hard to share!
Enjoy and have a great week guys!
- 1/2 cup one stick butter, melted and browned
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 overripe bananas plus half of a banana for top of bread optional
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place rack in middle of oven.
- Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan generously with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in a small pot over medium heat stirring occasionally. Watch carefully so it doesn't burn. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the butter begins to give off a nutty aroma and begins to brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Add the melted brown butter. Add the sugar, egg and vanilla and stir with a rubber spatula until well blended.
- Stir in the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Lay the half of a banana on top of batter.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until tester comes out clean when inserted into center of loaf. If bread is browning too quickly tent it with a piece of tinfoil. Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack for 15 minutes before removing from pan.